HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Help need truck on monday at the latest!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Help need truck on monday at the latest!

Ok so the other day I go to move my 92 w250 5 speed. Jump in turn the key click, try again click craaaaaaannnk just a small week try. Agin click, click, from the little relay or breaker in the fender. So I think battery, load test it; good, jump it; nothing. So then I think let’s jump it with a screwdriver and nothing but an ark from the starter. I pull the starter and all but one brush was sezed and full of junk/brush grit. So I Go to car quest get a new starter, nothing but a click and I think let’s jump it with a skrewdriver and half a turn later it’s running. Shut it off (Manual pull cable) try it from the key and click. Think hmm that relay might be bad I go to car quest I get a new relay nothing but a louder version of the same **** click. WHAT IS WRONG! Help me out I need to pick up a tractor on Monday and I’d like to not have to crawl under there with a screwdriver everywhere I go.

* New starter
*new relay
*starts by jumping w/ screwdriver

Again any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED that click noise has worked it’s way into my nightmares
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
I have had the battery cable lose contact at the quick connector directly off of positive post. It is the white bulge about 6 inches from post.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by dodgenstein
I have had the battery cable lose contact at the quick connector directly off of positive post. It is the white bulge about 6 inches from post.
CHECKED it still nothing.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Hell yes!!!! Just **** luck you know digging around in my wiring harness fixing chewed off wires I pull up a brown wire and say what the hel l it has a broken end, look at my silinoid and boom I broke the terminal off tightening it onto the new starter. Thank you for your responses!!!