3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

help 2004 standard wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help 2004 standard wont crank

my 04 standard wont start, it doesnt crank at all, drove fine last night parked in my yard, went to start this morn, doesnt even crank, checked all the fuses that relate to ignition, all check out ok, little info on the truck, a few years ago i had a selenoid relay issue, i thought it was my clutch switch as it would start some times when i mashed the pedal, i by passed the switch and maretted the wirres together, i checked that joiint today and the wires were apart, i thought awsome i found my issue, i marreted them again and still no start, the selenoid doesnt click or anytning, i pulleed the relays and swapped them all, nothing, so i jumped the wire from pin 30 i believe to pin 86 on the relay schematic and with the key on she fired up but while running the emegency brake light and abs light stay on, truck runs and drives but those light stay on, do i have a issue with a brake fuse or abs fuse? should there be power going thru the clutch switch, i put my tester on the bare wires and tried to start and didnt get any power of any sort going thru the swithc, i can drive my truck but starting it under the hood with a wire is not ideal, any one else have any isues like this or can offer some insight as where to look, thanks so much for reading,

i also have a smarty and shows no codes, and a old quad camader for gauges,

Last edited by duallydave; 07-25-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added chip info