HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Computer Security has locked up the truck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer Security has locked up the truck.

This happened before, and I thought I would remember the sequence to get the truck to start. I can't believe the dealership doesn't have the answer, and I have searched on line without luck. The truck was stopped the key taken out of the ignition and put under the floor mat. When I went out to start it I could hear a clicking, and the security light is flashing. When we bought the truck a 2003 RAM 2500 Diesel it was used and we did not get the manual with it. Big mistake, but may be the manual doesn't have the instructions either. When it happened before . . . a mechanic friend who reads a lot about vehicles had just happened to read about this feature, and was able to give me the sequence. He doesn't remember it. The notes I have on the sequence are not complete, as it isn't working. Is there anyone out there that could possibly help?

I think the beginning of the sequence is to lock and unlock the door with the key two times. Then you get in and I am not sure what is supposed to happen next.

I can't be the only one that is having this problem.

Please help . . . and I will so grateful if you can.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Rats. Went to Dodge.com because you could down load the Owners manual for free. But now they only have the 2004 and newer manuals for free. I would look it up but my manual is down in CA. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 PM

Thank you for trying.

Yes I found out about the manual deal, too. I am confident someone with the knowledge or the manual will step up!!