HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

A/C Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another update for you folks on my AC issue.

I took the truck to the dealer today and after waiting 6 hours they finally came to the conclusion that it was the recirculation door, also known as the blend door (what I had already surmised myself).

To make matters worse, they told me that the extended warranty that I purchased (at a hefty sum) did not cover that part! They want $433 to install a $14 part!! So, I am getting ready to battle with DC as I was misled by the dealership - they told me the warranty I purchased was a '5 yr / 100K mile extension of the factory warranty' but the documentation shows that it is basically only major components, not ALL components (like the blend door that is hosed).

I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Dodge!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you opted for the "Added care plus" rather than the "Maximum Care" plan.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by J BODY
Sounds like you opted for the "Added care plus" rather than the "Maximum Care" plan.
That's what I ended up with, but not what I thought I was purchasing. The price I paid was well beyond what I would consider 'fair' for the Added Care (that's right, not the Plus version). So I am chatting with the dealer this morning to begin the "discussion and negotiation process."
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 AM

Another update. After some discussion with the Service Manager, they opted to split the fee with me (better than nothing, right?). When I go to pick it back up today I plan to meet with the Sales Manager to negotiate on getting what I thought I paid for - the Max Care option, prorated of course.

In addition I will take the opportunity to see if there is a way that they will prevent making the same mistake in the future. However, it always is a 'Buyer Beware' environment so ask LOTS of questions when making a purchase. They never offered information on the various programs, only 'Extended Factory or Extended Drive Train' products. That was 4 years ago, so a lot may have changed since then...let's hope!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ramirezh
Ok, here is my contribution of symptoms. I had a 19 hour ride back to troubleshoot things (from the end user side).

Steps Performed
  1. Putting the AC at full blast cools very cold. It will blow longer when on full blast than when on lower fan speeds.
  2. At the point where vents are barely blowing air (if any at all), I turned the off the circ. **** (let the outside air in), turned off the AC (snowflake button)
  3. Waited a few minutes, then turned back to circ. (inside air), turned AC on (snowflake button)
  4. Cold air once again
  5. repeat above as needed

Findings

Conclusion
        Based on the ice part, I think something is freezing up in there and blocking a passage, hence you can hear the fan working hard, but nothing coming out.

of course...I have NO idea what this means or what needs to be done to fix it
        I am having the same issues now and looking for the a/c guru to help. Is it as simple as low freon or something else. TIA

Jim