HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Banjo bolt help

Old 10-20-2002, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banjo bolt help

I got my banjo bolt kit from Genos but I have a few questions before I install them.<br>1) do I have to worry about fuel leaks when I remove the old ones?<br>2) do I have to line them up any certain way?<br>3) how do you get a torque wrench in there to tighten them to spec?<br>I ordered the kit with the banjo for the fuel pressure sender. Can I install that banjo and just plug the sender port until I get my guage installed? It looks like this banjo will replace the one with the schrader valve, hope thats not bad for warranty work.<br><br>2002 - 2500 HO - 6 speed<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Tim
Old 10-21-2002, 07:10 AM

Re:Banjo bolt help

I have the banjo's from wildcatdiesel but maybe I can help. They do not line up no worries there. Fuel will run out when replacing the old ones I recommend replace one start truck replace one start truck so the prime stays up. Not sure about tourque wrench as for the banjo for the fuel pressure just install it in the botton of the filter you need a tapped banjo take like 2 mins and you loose no prime. I was paranoid at first about this to but its pretty simple. As for warranty I doubt and dealer would even know enough to have a clue about them!<br><br>
Old 10-21-2002, 08:00 AM

So the banjo for the fuel pressure sender should be the one at the bottom of the filter, not the one at the injection pump? correct? I will still loose the schrader valve, isn't this valve used to check fuel pressure at the dealership?<br>Thanks,<br><br>Tim
Old 10-21-2002, 10:26 PM

I replaced all mine with the same kit you have. Simple task, little bit of fuel leakage. I put my sensor (tapped banjo) pre-filter and replaced the rest w/ the high flows. I thought someone else had posted that they monitor pre &amp; post filter. Can't remember. Hope this helps! ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 10-22-2002, 06:31 AM

I have a tapped in the bottom of my fuel filter to monitor pressure. All the others are high flow. I believe there is a schrader in the filter and a tapped on the bottom then a schreader on the vp44 and a tapped, then there are two tapped on the lift pump.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Banned

Read my thread on what my dealer tried to do to me for just the FP gauge. I didn't have the bolts installed (I have all but one installed now). They help some. I installed 2 of them and the pressure went up abotu 1 psi (although it is back down 1 psi with just 200 or so miles on it &gt;). I installed all but the last one today and it didn't help much if any.<br><br>Here's the thread. http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/i...;threadid=5725
Old 10-23-2002, 08:18 AM

Blue, I read your story...glad you got your truck back ok. Interesting note, someone said that adding gauges was a definite sign of current or future mods. I only have 1800 miles on my 2002, I have no immediate plans for bombing, I just want gauges installed so I can better monitor things as to PREVENT problems. I really dont want to be flagged as trouble just because of gauges. I pull a 8000 lb camper and would like to keep an eye on the EGT, boost and fuel pressure. I hope adding the modified banjo doesn't present a problem from a dealer point of view. I am going to move the schrader back to the seperator so at least they can still check fuel pressure at the dealer (as if looking at the installed gauge wasn't enogh).<br><br>Sorry if this is off - post, but has anyone used the Dakota Digital EGT gauges, does the probe hold up as good as the AutoMeter?
Old 10-23-2002, 08:19 AM

I have an 02 will all warranty void just go for it! only live once!