Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   What's Your Favorite "Trick My Truck?" (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/whats-your-favorite-trick-my-truck-92723/)

Buckshotmckee 02-17-2006 11:13 PM

What's Your Favorite "Trick My Truck?"

Whos been follow'n the series? This show is awesome! I only wish they were 1hr episodes instead of 1/2 hr. So what's your favorite Truck? It's a tough decision, But I gotta go with the "Ice Breaker" Truck.

Here is the link for those of you tht don't know.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/Trick_M...k/series.jhtml

Ddge6spdRam 02-17-2006 11:49 PM

I have been following it,i am going to watch the new on that aired tonight in about 15 minutes since i did not catch it at 8:00.I like the Ice Breaker too,also liked the Open Range one.Its a good show so far atleast it did not turn out like pimp my ride or anything like that. Since the show started ti have been wondering, Do they do anything with the engines? Do they drop a new one in or just do a quick rebuild on them?. Cause some of the trucks the reason they were on the show was because of them breaking down and stuff.

Jeff

gipsl67 02-18-2006 06:37 AM

I think they have done an incredible job on all of the trucks. But I have the same question, are they doing anything to the engines? All of the episodes have said that part of the reason they want these guys to work on the truck is because they break down so much.

Willy91 02-18-2006 07:35 AM

I voted for the Ice Breaker truck. I really liked the interior of that truck. My second favorite would be between Semfer Fi and Open Range. It's just to bad they couldn't paint the trailer of the Semper Fi truck to match.

Buckshotmckee 02-18-2006 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by gipsl67
I think they have done an incredible job on all of the trucks. But I have the same question, are they doing anything to the engines? All of the episodes have said that part of the reason they want these guys to work on the truck is because they break down so much.

I wondered the same?

04ctd 02-18-2006 09:04 AM

i know some of the "pimp my ride" shows just left the motor.
you can see puffs of blue smoke on startup when they take delivery.

one my buddies said the PIMP cars usually end up on e-bay pretty soon.

Chips Overhaulin does it RIGHT.
but the fake "stealing" and pranks makes it ignorant.
the new chick is useless. at least courtney did some sanding/cleaning.

watched Trick my Truck other day, was too "canned" for me...
everything seemed posed and "ok, now, say something cute/funny"

wana12v 02-18-2006 10:44 AM

the acting is horrible, but I loved the american classic truck. butterfly hood to reveal a pretty kitty cat.

TxDiesel007 02-18-2006 12:42 PM

I liked Ice Breaker

nicest truck yet, but they all are..

Tx

Ddge6spdRam 02-18-2006 02:10 PM

Anybody know what the theme song for th show is? Who sings it and what is the name of it? I have heard it before just cant put a name on it. I watched the American Classic one last night,i liked the butterfly hood i also liked how the converted it to double shifters.

Jeff

suzukiZrider 02-18-2006 04:10 PM

theme song is tim mcgraw - how bad do you want it

CIN'S DODGE 02-18-2006 04:17 PM

Oh I tell ya those guys are awesome! I like all of them!

0425004x4 02-18-2006 04:24 PM

I watched the American classic one last night and the open range one. I personally like the open range one better. Man what I would do to have one of those sittin in my drive way to with a 10-14 car trailer to haul our cars with.

Bosshawg600 02-18-2006 04:44 PM

They have to overhaul these engines, If they need it. I remeber the Semper Fi truck was always breaking and that was their problem. If they didn't touch the engine it would be stupid. Got to say my favorite truck they have is the all white peterbuilt with black stacks they rode in on once.

Ddge6spdRam 02-18-2006 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by suzukiZrider
theme song is tim mcgraw - how bad do you want it

Hey thanks, That is who i thought it was,just was not totally sure.

Jeff

TRCM 02-19-2006 03:13 PM

Yeah, I saw it the other night, and if they ain't doing anything to the engine, their not really helping the people out much.

That's why I watched it to see what they did to the engine.

Personally, I much rather have a beat up rig that ALWAYS gets the job done, than a pretty shiny POS that can't make it home every nite without breakin' down

kind aliek when we were younger, the ole chevelle can be primered and rusty, but as long as the engine roars, who cares ?? but a show car with a smoking (not in a good way) engine was a joke.