Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Toyota diesel (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/toyota-diesel-200589/)

mxdsl183 04-11-2008 11:55 AM

Toyota diesel

did you guys see the toyota dually (sp?)[duhhh] at the SEMA show? that thing is awsome! my girlfriends dad is the VP at the Toyota plant here in San Antonio and I asked him about it and he told me somehting about Toyota coming out with diesel in the 2010-2012 year range.

2007Dually6.7 04-11-2008 12:27 PM

WOW... that thing does look pretty sweet. 8.0L 256 hp w/ 745 ft/lbs of torque. Nice diamond plate they have on the inside of the bed too. The interior look awesome as well. Heres the link to it a sema

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...taduallyint500

mxdsl183 04-12-2008 05:10 PM

Toyota is smart enough to go with an inline six

CowboyDave 04-12-2008 06:21 PM

That power plant wont be going in it. Also it took them 8.0 to compete with our 5.9's. HAHAHAHAHA Im here in San Antonio also and will NEVER own a toyota!

johnny5.9 04-12-2008 07:32 PM

[deadhors] Don't hold your breath. It will be quite a while before that's on the showroom floor.

RickG 04-13-2008 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by johnny5.9 (Post 2040296)
[deadhors] Don't hold your breath. It will be quite a while before that's on the showroom floor.

It's on a lot of showroom floors - at Hino dealers without the butchered Toyota cab on it .[laugh] . Lot of motor for a pickup but expediters that bought Hinos say they are underpowered dogs .

mxdsl183 04-14-2008 10:05 PM

i will only own a cummins also but remeber that tundras are made in Texas, and all the distributers for Toyota tundras, are at the San Antonio plant. Dodges are made in mexico.....i do like that aspect of Toyota. My girlfriends dad, being the VP at the Toyota plant, got the first crew max made in Texas, and they are actually very nice inside and the 5.7 gasser is pretty powerful (for a gasser).......this is coming from some one who said i would never like anything japanese....lol :cool:

lgp9999 04-15-2008 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by mxdsl183 (Post 2043501)
i will only own a cummins also but remeber that tundras are made in Texas, and all the distributers for Toyota tundras, are at the San Antonio plant. Dodges are made in mexico.....i do like that aspect of Toyota. My girlfriends dad, being the VP at the Toyota plant, got the first crew max made in Texas, and they are actually very nice inside and the 5.7 gasser is pretty powerful (for a gasser).......this is coming from some one who said i would never like anything japanese....lol :cool:

Ditto all that, including being one who said that the Japanese didn't know how to make a full sized truck. The Tundra has become arguably the best half ton pickup on the market, IMO.

Jfaulkner 04-15-2008 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mxdsl183 (Post 2043501)

Originally Posted by lgp9999 (Post 2044120)
Ditto all that, including being one who said that the Japanese didn't know how to make a full sized truck. The Tundra has become arguably the best half ton pickup on the market, IMO.

Watch it now, there is absolutely no room for open minds on internet forums. You should stick to one brand and bash everything else, even if the brand your bahsing may be superior in one way or another![coffee][laugh]

rich 04-15-2008 09:19 PM

if it will outperform and last longer then my ctd then i'd buy it

johnny5.9 04-15-2008 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner (Post 2044708)
Watch it now, there is absolutely no room for open minds on internet forums. You should stick to one brand and bash everything else, even if the brand your bahsing may be superior in one way or another![coffee][laugh]

hey, it works for Ford powerstroke owners.[duhhh][laugh][yuk]

mxdsl183 04-17-2008 07:30 PM

haha...power stroke owners....they just make me laugh. but ya every part of the tundra is made and assembled at the Texas plant, on top of making and sending parts to other toyota plants.....maybe ill buy one and drop a 12V in it.....[guitar]

snoyes 04-18-2008 08:28 PM

What's wrong with Powerstroke owners?

RickG 04-19-2008 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by mxdsl183 (Post 2047765)
haha...power stroke owners....they just make me laugh. but ya every part of the tundra is made and assembled at the Texas plant, on top of making and sending parts to other toyota plants.....maybe ill buy one and drop a 12V in it.....[guitar]

Not all Tundras are made in Texas . Some are made in Indiana . Engines are made in Alabama , transmissions in N.C.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/T.../Index2007.htm

mxdsl183 04-20-2008 06:44 PM

sorry....I shouldent have said every part...but as far as the body goes, every part os made at the plant, the crew max is only made in Texas. They may start making them else where, but i know for a fact that they are only made in Texas right now.