General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Switching to the Dodge side ...!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: I have one of each ...

Hi Guys

I did pick up a nice 96 ... you never know what you get buying used ... i have a back ground in the automotive field ...lucky me ...LOL
My 96 need a little more than I hoped for ... The big thing is the truck was hit in the front ... but there was no frame damage ... it was all sheet metal ... it looked like two fenders , rad support , new rad , hood , grill intercooler ... all new factory parts ... very nice .
The bad thing no one picked up on the fan and fan bearing , when I pulled it apart I had to cut the fan off with a saw-zaw... not much fun .
I did the KDP , a new vacume pump seal , all the cooling hoses , new belt , the bearing block is what put me over budget ... 350 bucks ...plus I also had to buy a fan and new clutch .
The truck is coming along , I am waiting for the new amsoil oil lines , and the next part of the truck is new batteries .
I also have to do front brakes and u-joints ...
Sounds like a lot , but the truck has a 150,000 on it ... I have a better feeling about this truck than I do my Ford .
I did get The Ford back from the dealer last week they put a new trans it , I am waiting for the Tittle to come back ... it's a great looking truck , but I have lost all trust in the truck as dependable .
The 2wd is going to be a great little truck with lots life left .
I will sell the ford a try and pick up a nice dodge 4x4 duelly ...

Thanks for all you guys help .

Greg