Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Scotty Systems Gone ?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/scotty-systems-gone-108856/)

Joe Diesel 07-11-2006 03:57 PM

Scotty Systems Gone ??

I just checked his website if there was any new products & I found this;

Scotty Systems is suspending all diesel related business and is currently evaluating our need to be involved in the diesel industry.

Thank you for your patronage.

Scotty Systems team

website

well i guess Good Luck in whatever you will be doing Scotty, thx for the gr8 product & info !!

Begle1 07-11-2006 04:29 PM

Yep, 'tis a sad day. :(

If you are less lazy then I am you could find a few more explanatory posts on the forum. Basically the market is too saturated for him to compete.

Which is ironic considering how many goodies I get to look at for my truck. [whistle] Everybody else gets to buy air intakes and I get to buy a pot. [roll]

Lil Dog 07-11-2006 04:59 PM

Check out the July 2-8 water cooler thread and he lays out what he is up to..

It is a sad day when these things happen, but ya gotta look after #1 right? Looks like I have to get a hood lock, mine might go missing..LOL..

Dr. Evil 07-11-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Looks like I have to get a hood lock, mine might go missing..LOL..

Hmm, seems you are listed in the phone book - Thank you Telus !....sleep with one eye open my friend. [laugh] http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...C_peelout1.gif

Lil Dog 07-11-2006 05:14 PM

Alright Doc... I guess the 5KVolt security system needs more attention...LOL...

The whole world is going to he!!...

Piers bailed out on PDR, Scotty shut his doors . And now I hear that since Cummins has taken over and branded the Holset turbos, parts are SCARCE!!! If you had your eye on an HX35 or parts for them, get in line!!!! I assume all the 40's 50's and 55's will soon follow as parts dry up. ***??

Dr. Evil 07-11-2006 05:22 PM

Yup things are going to "Hell in a handbasket !"

greenworks 07-11-2006 05:37 PM

Piers left PDR, I have to start reading more on here? man where does a guy go anymore, man that sucks kind of glad I got rid of the hx35 if thats the case.

Begle1 07-11-2006 06:12 PM

I thought that Piers was PDR? PDR stands for Piers Diesel Research, correct?

Are my PDR hats suddenly more valuable?

And whats this with Cummins owns Holset?

banzaitoyota 07-11-2006 07:37 PM

FORD owns HOLSET hence FORD owns CUMMINS [duhhh]

Dr. Evil 07-11-2006 08:35 PM

Alright Doc... I guess the 5KVolt security system needs more attention...LOL...

U forget I work in a power plant - Im alright with 5 kV.

Geico266 07-11-2006 09:36 PM

That's the *** SKUTTLEBUTT *** thread. [nonono]

[coffee]

Joe Diesel 07-12-2006 06:55 AM

It is a sad day when these things happen, but ya gotta look after #1 right? Looks like I have to get a hood lock, mine might go missing..LOL..

we have a watercooler thread [duhhh]

Lil Dog 07-12-2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
I thought that Piers was PDR? PDR stands for Piers Diesel Research, correct?

Are my PDR hats suddenly more valuable?

And whats this with Cummins owns Holset?

Cummins always had primary ownership in Holset. Now as of the first of this year Cummins is BRANDING their products under a new initiative. You will not notice that Holset is Cummins Turbo, Fleetguard is Cummins Filters etc with all their arms... Go to the Cummins Website and look it up.. If you go to holsets site, it has a new face too..

Holset announcement

I have a PDR hitch plug!!! I think all that stuff is a collector item now. Now PDR is PDR Performance... Piers has left the building and landed over at PacBrake from what I read so far.

I haven't read the skuttlebutt thread, but he did give some info on the watercooler thread...

ChrisLib 07-12-2006 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by banzaitoyota
FORD owns HOLSET hence FORD owns CUMMINS [duhhh]

Nooooo...wrongo there bud, ford owns CumminGs, get it right OK? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

green73 07-13-2006 07:03 PM

**** being deployed SUCKS!!!! I was hoping to get the fuel line kit when I returned too! Oh well, guess I'll never know.....

Although I never had any personal experience with your products, I had chatted on the phone once. In that I had decided on SCOTTY for the fuel line kit. From what I hear I am not alone in that that experiece. I just wish I could say thanks as a customer.