Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Oil change special (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/oil-change-special-271838/)

Totallyrad 06-16-2010 12:10 PM

Oil change special

Since money is tight and I need an oil change I started looking for specials this morning. The Dodge dealer websites locally never have any good info on them so I placed a call to the cross town dealer in Bessemer, Alabama. When I asked about diesel oil change specials the nice gentleman on the phone told me that there was a package you can buy through your Dodge dealer, 4 oil changes for $150.00. The dealers don't advertise it so you have to ask for it. Since that's less than $40 per change, guess what I'm buying this afternoon.:cool:

chaikwa 06-16-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2785983)
Since money is tight and I need an oil change I started looking for specials this morning. The Dodge dealer websites locally never have any good info on them so I placed a call to the cross town dealer in Bessemer, Alabama. When I asked about diesel oil change specials the nice gentleman on the phone told me that there was a package you can buy through your Dodge dealer, 4 oil changes for $150.00. The dealers don't advertise it so you have to ask for it. Since that's less than $40 per change, guess what I'm buying this afternoon.:cool:

A new toaster oven? [duhhh]

Nate-03 D 06-16-2010 01:02 PM

I just got a nice colorful add in the mail today advertising this special deal. It seems reasonable, I just won't let them in my truck.

Hvytrkmech 06-16-2010 07:16 PM

That's going to cost them money, be ready for the upsales. [laugh]

Colo_River_Ram 06-16-2010 07:21 PM

A Dodge filter with your choice of oil?

DBLR 06-25-2010 02:10 PM

I just got a card in the mail from Dodge for an oil change special, buy one get 3 free oil changes for $139.95, excluding tax and oil disposal fees. Another dealer 30 miles away wants $89.95 for one diesel oil change.

Totallyrad 06-25-2010 09:15 PM

I bought the package from the dealer in Bessemer and had them do the first oil change since they told me about it. I was pleased with the service I got for a couple of reasons. First, they topped off all the fluids under the hood. The dealer on my side of town misses this from time to time. Not to mention the time they changed the oil the day before I headed up north for a visit and the tech was mad at the dealership so he put antifreeze in my washer reservoir. That was fun when I ran into bad weather. The next reason I was pleased was I had a lamp out warning pop up the day before. I checked all the exterior lights and the only thing out was the left license plate light. I changed the bulb but the warning wouldn't go out. I asked about it and when I got the truck back it was out. So far so good.:cool: