Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   New Ford diesels spotted. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/new-ford-diesels-spotted-214309/)

87BRGN 08-16-2008 04:12 PM

New Ford diesels spotted.

I'm driving on I80 this morning and I see 3 blacked out vehicles coming up in the left lane. As they pass I notice a F150, Expedition, and Explorer. All the badges were removed and they had manufactuers(sp) plates. Then I noticed the exhaust tips. The 150 had the dual tip w/diffusers like the 6.4 superduties
and the suvs had "bazooka" tips like the duramax's. So I speed up to the truck, scribbled "DIESEL?" on paper with a sharpie and the driver just smiled and nodded. Probably doing some mileage test or something. What do you guys think?[coffee]

Dave

wcbcruzer 08-16-2008 04:39 PM

Ah man... I hope they don't come out with these. The price gap between unleaded and diesel is only going to get bigger. Soccer moms don't need a diesel!

Number47 08-16-2008 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer (Post 2179260)
Ah man... I hope they don't come out with these. The price gap between unleaded and diesel is only going to get bigger. Soccer moms don't need a diesel!

funny diesel had match the price of premium here. and i say it at meijers for 3.95 a gallon and soiled my self. havent seen it that low sense it went above 4.00. slowly but surely its coming down in price. and i just got a fuel tank of our old Fuso service, now its my aux tank. 85 gallons of goodness

87BRGN 08-16-2008 06:44 PM

Its dropping here also (3.90). Maybe the release of more diesels will help even more. DC are you listening? (ahem diesel durango ahem). I heard rumor of a new diesel Suburban. That is one I can't wait for.

lobes1985 08-16-2008 07:24 PM

i dont think soccer moms will own them because the first time they put gas in them they will get rid of them, also most people dont like being at the diesel pumps around all the trucks and the fact that the nozzels are always covered in fuel and make your hands stink for a week if you dont wear gloves(not that i mind)

Coagulation 08-18-2008 08:47 AM

I LOVE the smell of Diesel!! That is the one thing I miss most about not owning a truck :(

Now the only time I smell it is when I fill up my torpedo heater in the winter time.

lobes1985 08-18-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Coagulation (Post 2180452)
I LOVE the smell of Diesel!! That is the one thing I miss most about not owning a truck :(

Now the only time I smell it is when I fill up my torpedo heater in the winter time.

I do to, I drive a truck for a living so it doesnt bother me, but thats one of the comments I get is that my truck stinks, I just tell them I cant hear them over the engine :cool:

SOhappy 08-18-2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lobes1985 (Post 2179358)
i dont think soccer moms will own them because the first time they put gas in them they will get rid of them, also most people dont like being at the diesel pumps around all the trucks and the fact that the nozzels are always covered in fuel and make your hands stink for a week if you dont wear gloves(not that i mind)

Yeah, the first time they put GAS in them for sure!

(you probably hit the nail on the head, "Hello, OnStar? My vehicle is running really funny.. doesn't seem to want to go") [dummy]

johnny5.9 08-18-2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by lobes1985 (Post 2179358)

Don't forget when you hop up in the cab and just about slide down onto the floor because diesel is all over the bottom of your feet. I've had this happen because of my rubber floor mats. Yeehaw.[laugh]

HOHN 08-19-2008 08:29 PM

I say convert the whole country to diesel-- but that's just me.

13FOX 08-19-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN (Post 2182295)
I say convert the whole country to diesel-- but that's just me.

AGREED!!!!