Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Knocking at idle (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/knocking-idle-331769/)

Robert Walker 03-21-2019 06:03 PM

Knocking at idle

Coming home from work last night I noticed when I would come to stoplight the truck would knock pretty bad. No noticable excess smoke or loss of power just knocking at idle. I put smarty back to stock, didn't change anything. Put a new fuel filter in this past weekend before this happened. Any help appreciated.

John_P 03-22-2019 08:37 AM

Mr. Walker:

You need to post the year of your Dodge CTD so the members can help you out better.

------------
John_P

Fordzilla 03-22-2019 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by John_P (Post 3359147)
Mr. Walker:

You need to post the year of your Dodge CTD so the members can help you out better.

------------
John_P

As often as this occurs, I sometimes wonder if it would be beneficial to require filled out siglines before new members can post in the forums...It's hard to help anyone unless we know exactly what we're working with...:welcome:...Ben

SIXSLUG 04-06-2019 11:10 AM

I have also noticed a ton of newbies that never return or acknowledge any help/advice etc.....

Fordzilla 04-06-2019 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by SIXSLUG (Post 3359508)
I have also noticed a ton of newbies that never return or acknowledge any help/advice etc.....

I think we're expected to be omniscient, automatically knowing what they drive and how it's equipped, then magically supplying the correct answers instantly, but never wanting follow-up comments, acknowledgement or even thanks...:confused:...Ben

John_P 04-07-2019 01:48 PM

You guys are both right on your observations of the "replies" etc. concerning these threads on DTR. All we can do is get the vehicle information from them, try to help and go on from there!:conf:

SIXSLUG 04-09-2019 01:32 PM

My first visit to this site was to get info for a problem I was having with my new to me truck......I never realized how much I enjoyed helping out when I could. I found myself returning to share my mechanical experience over needing help myself. And occasionally funnin with the folks who call it a Cummings.....whose owned by ford, by the way.....:ugly:

Fordzilla 04-09-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SIXSLUG (Post 3359587)
My first visit to this site was to get info for a problem I was having with my new to me truck......I never realized how much I enjoyed helping out when I could. I found myself returning to share my mechanical experience over needing help myself. And occasionally funnin with the folks who call it a Cummings.....whose owned by ford, by the way.....:ugly:

I can relate to that...I joined several months before I bought my first CTD new...Now I'm on my second...I owned a Ford at that time (hence the username), and now I come here for advice, ideas and to spread what little knowledge I have with those who ask...But it's a lot easier to advise when we know upfront what we're working with...And it's a lot more rewarding with a little feedback now and then...:Cummins:...Ben