Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   June Truck of the Month - Admin Throw-Down! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/june-truck-month-admin-throw-down-270109/)

wannadiesel 05-17-2010 05:05 PM

June Truck of the Month - Admin Throw-Down!

Well, the "Ugly Truck of the Month" idea was a complete flop - we got no entries at all. :( Somebody whose truck was just dirty could have had a bye run and won by default, but nobody stepped up to the plate to admit that his or her Dodge might be a little less than attractive. [nonono]

So anyway, Madhat has been itching to be TOM for a while, and I keep telling him he's not eligible because he's an admin and it wouldn't be fair to put him in the poll. Since nobody wanted to be TOM this month, I thought he deserved a chance. But I wasn't going to just hand it to him. John_P hasn't been TOM either... :D

So it's Madhat vs. John_P this month. [guitar]

This could get ugly. [laugh]

Truck Of the Month Procedure

* Around the 1st of the month, we will post a thread with the winner for the previous month’s poll in the General Diesel Discussion section of the forums.

* At the same time, we will post a “TOM Candidate” thread in the same forum. In this thread we will announce the category of trucks that will be accepted as possible candidates. (1st Gen 250, 350, 2nd Gen 2500, 3500, 3rd Gen 2500, 3500, MegaCab, etc.)

* If your truck falls into the chosen category for that month and you would like to have a chance to be in the poll, then you can nominate your truck by posting a picture from your gallery in that thread.
* NOTE: The picture MUST come from your Diesel Truck Resource Member Photo Gallery! https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ber_photos.jpg (Anything else will be deleted.)

* You can also list some of the mods and accessories on your rig in the same post. Please post only once in that thread. If your truck is not selected for the poll or it is but it doesn't win, you may nominate it again when your category comes back around.

* Previous Winners of the TOM will not be eligible to participate. (Previous Winner being defined as truck and/or DTR Member)

* The “TOM Candidate” thread will be open from around the 1st of the month until around the 14th of the month. That gives you two weeks to submit your truck.

* At this time it will be locked, the three poll candidates will be chosen and the poll will be posted on or around the 15th . The poll will be voted on until the end of the month and we start all over again on the 1st of the next month by posting the winner in one thread and posting the “TOM Candidate” thread for the next month's category.
          Special THANKS to Tim Barber at TRE Diesel Performance for sponsoring the TOM Award plaques! :D
          http://www.thorpe.org/photos/albums/.../TREBanner.gif

dieselJon 05-17-2010 05:26 PM

DANG IT! I juust uploaded my truck yesterday and was waiting on you guys...

Seriously!

txarrowhunter 05-17-2010 05:27 PM

"The Admin that's there for YOU!" 

TxDiesel007 05-17-2010 08:12 PM

OMG

why do we have to vote for just one??? JOhn P helped me countless times with my 12V and madhat, the admin thats here for me as well, has already accomplished with his CR what i wanna do with mine...

while i love the CR..

i have to be true to my diesel roots

John U got my vote...

madhat 05-17-2010 08:15 PM

Oh, man, this is gonna get dirty!

John P, you've got my vote, brother. As I've stated many times before, you have the cleanest truck I have ever seen...You've put a lot of hard work in that thing, it is a beast!!!

Dave, you couldn't have put a newer pic in the poll? [laugh] I did not know you were gonna go in there today! [laugh]

Good luck, John!

Blake Clark 05-17-2010 08:33 PM

John I love your rig but........

Gotta pull for the hat!

2171CTD 05-17-2010 08:51 PM

Agreed on JP having the cleanest truck in existence. But gotta give my vote to a fellow Jarhead!

cincydiesel 05-17-2010 08:51 PM

Wow this is a tough one!!! Love my 3rd gens but John has got one sweet truck!

Since I burned about 90 dollars worth of rubber off Hat's truck while he was in Japan. I would say he deserves my vote. Good luck buddy

Red3quarter 05-17-2010 09:17 PM

Madhat has my vote. Been a good admin and friend to me also him and his wife also got my wife and I wedding gift last year. John has a nice truck too but I have to vote for Mark.

usmcdbd 05-17-2010 10:19 PM

Semper Fi! You got my vote Madhat

ramman 05-17-2010 11:35 PM

Got to vote for Johnp ,GREAT GUY,Clean STRONG 12 v

madhat 05-17-2010 11:39 PM

Oh, the Marine loyalty!

Keep them coming, fellas. May the best man win!

Hvytrkmech 05-18-2010 12:06 AM

My my my my, where do I go from here? Mad hat my younger protege, John P. clearly the more experienced, most handsome debonair of the two. Hmmmmm, a tuff decision none the less.

My decision lies with Mad Hat, simply because that very awkward looking magnetic mount antenna is on the roof of your otherwise pristine truck. [yuk] [laugh][laugh]

No offense meant, just calling it the way I see it.

madhat 05-18-2010 07:53 AM

Thanks, Tim!

I was just thinking... due to past knowledge of TOM's...

I'm gonna be overrun as soon as the 2ng gen guys get in here... :o

Mcmopar 05-18-2010 08:13 AM

Madhat, you are a good guy, but.......my loyalty is with JP, and I don't think there is a cleaner, more stock looking 11 second 12 valve on the planet!!!!

Good luck buddy!! :D:D