Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   July 2008 Truck of the Month poll (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/july-2008-truck-month-poll-208488/)

wannadiesel 06-17-2008 06:46 PM

July 2008 Truck of the Month poll

Things are getting ugly out there...

So it's about time we had an ugly truck contest. [laugh]

We don't have to worry about offending these guys with rude remarks about how ugly their trucks are, they volunteered for this. [dummy]

Suppress that gag reflex, look at the pics, and decide which one you think is the ugliest truck on DTR. [laugh]

Truck Of the Month Procedure for 2008

The DTR TOM Staff has come up with a new procedure for choosing the TOM candidates.[/center]

* Starting Dec. 1st, 2007, we will post a thread with the winner for this month’s poll in the General Diesel Discussion section of the forums.

* At the same time, we will post a “TOM Candidate” thread in the same forum. In this thread we will announce the category of trucks that will be accepted as possible candidates. (1st Gen 250, 350, 2nd Gen 2500, 3500, 3rd Gen 2500, 3500, MegaCab, etc.)

* If your truck falls into the chosen category for that month and you would like to have a chance to be in the poll, then you can nominate your truck by posting a picture from your gallery in that thread.
* NOTE: The picture MUST come from your Diesel Truck Resource Member Photo Gallery! https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ber_photos.jpg (Anything else will be deleted.)

* You can also list some of the mods and accessories on your rig in the same post. Please post only once in that thread because the TOM committee will select three trucks from that thread to be in the poll. The process for selecting the three candidates from this thread will be completely at random. If your truck is not selected for the poll or it is but it doesn't win, you may nominate it again when your category comes back around.

* Previous Winners of the TOM will not be eligible to participate. (Previous Winner being defined as truck and/or DTR Member)

* The “TOM Candidate” thread will be open from the 1st of the month until the 14th of the month. That gives you two weeks to submit your truck.

* At this time it will be locked, the three poll candidates will be chosen at random and the poll will be posted on the 15th . The poll will be voted on until the end of the month and we start all over again on the 1st of the next month by posting the winner in one thread and posting the “TOM Candidate” thread for the next month's category.

Special THANKS to Tim Barber at TRE Diesel Performance for sponsoring the TOM Award plaques! :D
          http://www.thorpe.org/photos/albums/.../TREBanner.gif

mopar-or-no-car 06-17-2008 08:52 PM

so do we vote for the ugliest or the nicest? lol

kebo 06-17-2008 09:42 PM

Voted for RSWORDS.

Representin Jeepin.com! :p

Erska 06-17-2008 10:21 PM

I know that free89w350 truck is ugly wit those dented chrome simulators and lifted rear but what I didn't know is that Pulltillbroke's truck is a Dodge, I thought it's FORD when I looked the little picture in this topic!!

That truck is just hideous with it's missing pieces of grill, so he got my vote.[laugh]

TexasCTD 06-18-2008 01:24 AM

Sorry to the other 2, their trucks are to 'pretty'....[laugh]

I have to award my ugly truck contest vote to pulltilbroke![guitar] Good luck to all!

Johnny Cetane 06-18-2008 01:35 PM

Go Bobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chaikwa 06-19-2008 06:04 AM

How 'bout we have an ugly MEMBER contest some month... then I might stand a chance of winnin' somethin'!

My vote was for Pulltilbroke... which it looks like he does regularly!

chaikwa.

Diesel_Storm 06-19-2008 12:57 PM

as stated before, my vote goes to pullitbroke.

RSWORDS 06-19-2008 10:06 PM

If I go run into a tree can I put up a new pic? [laugh]

pulltilbroke 06-20-2008 04:52 AM

Only if i can

fanbrain 06-24-2008 06:12 PM

After pulltilbroke's truck fell out of the ugly tree, hitting every branch on the way down, the tree fell over onto the truck and now it's going to win an award.

Good job.

cmac 06-24-2008 06:28 PM

voted for pulltilbroke..... it is definatley a cosmeticly challeng truck.... although if i still had my old truck i think i could have one this one!!! close to as many dents as pulltilbroke (mostly from deer)[duhhh] but it was rusted..... way bad..... a/c and heat didnt do much good as you could put your hand through the doors due to the rust and could have dropped a basket ball through the floor boards (well almost)[yuk][laugh]

Totallyrad 06-24-2008 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cmac (Post 2127081)
          voted for pulltilbroke..... it is definatley a cosmeticly challeng truck.... although if i still had my old truck i think i could have one this one!!! close to as many dents as pulltilbroke (mostly from deer)[duhhh] but it was rusted..... way bad..... a/c and heat didnt do much good as you could put your hand through the doors due to the rust and could have dropped a basket ball through the floor boards (well almost)[yuk][laugh]

That's probably close, but to me it looks like a hairball yakked up by a calico cat.[yuk] J/K, good luck to all of ya. (but I voted for PTB too)[laugh]

Wild4kst8 06-30-2008 07:33 AM

everyone wonders why we like these trucks... they look like heck, but still run strong