Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Ford owning Cummins...YEAH RIGHT! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/ford-owning-cummins-yeah-right-27202/)

Goldenbear 05-19-2003 03:47 PM

Ford owning Cummins...YEAH RIGHT!

I was at the Ford garage the other day only because I have to take my patrol car there for service (Crown Vic) [yuk]<br><br>I was just standing around waiting for my car when one of the sales guys started to BS me. They all know that I'm not a Ford guy, so they give me a hard time. I told him that I got one of the new HO Cummins and he said, &quot;you know...Ford owns Cummins.&quot; I just about came unglued and informed him that Ford owns no part of Cummins and never will...hopefully! He looked very shocked and said, &quot;really????&quot; I hope I set him straight. What's up with that? Where did this rumor start? ???<br><br>Cummins all the way... ;D [laugh]

KatDiesel 05-19-2003 04:01 PM

Re:Ford owning Cummins...YEAH RIGHT!

They owned 10% of the stock a while back. But none currently.

DieselDaze 05-19-2003 04:02 PM

At one time Ford owned a small amount of Cummins stock. I do not remember the percentage... it wasnt very high.
However, Ford no longer owns ANY stock in Cummins.

At some point it was a half truth to say &quot;Ford owns Cummins&quot;.
It would have been a full truth to say &quot;Ford owns some Cummins Stock&quot;.

Either way, Ford no longer owns that stock so it really doesnt matter.
(Unless you ask Hoss) ;) [laugh]

Rich

BigBlue 05-19-2003 11:30 PM

[quote author=DieselDaze link=board=8;threadid=14928;start=0#139987 date=1053378138]<br><br>Either way, Ford no longer owns that stock so it really doesnt matter.<br>(Unless you ask Hoss) ;) [laugh]<br><br>Rich<br>[/quote]<br><br> [laugh]<br><br>

015speed 05-19-2003 11:41 PM

Goldenbear, it could have been worse, amazing he didn't say &quot;cummings&quot; [yuk]

TXRAM2 05-20-2003 09:27 AM

yeah CUMMINS HOSS started that one [laugh]

Hoss 05-20-2003 11:11 AM

Ummm....correct me if I'm wrong.....but I think Ford DOES own Cummins. Check out this link...<br><br>www.fordownscummins.com<br><br>

TXRAM2 05-20-2003 02:46 PM

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Iron Horse 05-20-2003 09:23 PM

I heard another good one the other day. I get in a lot of arguments with the Powerstroke guys about this. They claim that Ford owns just the small engine division (B &amp; C series engines).<br><br>One of the guys also claimed that Navistar offers a 500HP DT444E for school bus applications..... ::) [laugh] The same guy also said that Ford owns 97% of Cummins and that the Cummins Inc. web site lies about who owns what.

Shovelhead 05-21-2003 05:25 AM

Iron Horse, ask your &quot;Buddys&quot; if Ford really owned Cummins, why would they put a Powerstroke in the Ford Pick-up truck?

bulabula 05-21-2003 07:37 AM

You mean Ford doesn't build the aluminum headed V8 Cummings we have in our trucks? <br><br>Hmmmf, you learn something new every day.

dodgeman01 05-21-2003 07:58 AM

They say Ford own Cummins but because of there narrow tq/hp band it makes them a bad engine to run with anything less than a 9spd tranny. Great for pulling in big trucks but not with a 6/5spd tranny that Dodge uses. [eyecrazy] ::)<br>DM01