General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Finaly "King Ranch" of Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to say this thread cracks me up a bit ...

For years, I've heard the following sentiment - what's the best truck?

A ford supid duty with a cummins engine ... The list of things that made the ford a better truck to have was pretty short ...

1. Better interiors
2. Better transmissions

Dodge has fixed those problems ... I also see a lot more King Ranch's and dolled up Super Duties than I would expect as well. Must be pulling those expensive show horses or something.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
The dash of my 1986 Dodge Aries looks like it's only a couple of years old.
The dash of my 1999 Dodge Ram looks like it's 300 years old.
Funny, the interior my truck looks new(minus the drivers seat) after it was clean up, prior owner was a contractor, truck was bought salvage. My dash is Mint, and yes it sits out all the time.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Somebody fill out the "request a quatoe" thing on that site and price out a 3500 Crew, 4x4 Dually Loaded up..
I don't want to give them my #..
Pretty truck.. would love to have one.... but my 06 model is PAID FOR and doesn't have a flower pot in the exhaust for growing daisies!!.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Funny, the interior my truck looks new(minus the drivers seat) after it was clean up, prior owner was a contractor, truck was bought salvage. My dash is Mint, and yes it sits out all the time.
The rest of my interior is in really really good shape.
It's just the dash that looks like it has a terminal case of the "Creeping Crud"
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 PM

What's funny is the interior ergonomics and fit in finish in my 7 year old Honda Accord EX-L is probably as nice if not nicer than a new Laramie .

I wish I could put that honda interior into my 2007!!!! Everything from the dash pad (yes it's actually padded) to the brushed aluminum accents.

Everything on that car is engineered well, I just changed the HVAC filter yesterday and even all that stuff up under there including dropping the glovebox door was well thought out.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a more dressy interior, and air conditioning in the seats, but the styling is a bit too "giddyup" for my taste.

I liked the interior of my 03 Laramie, but I'd have to say the fit and finish of the plastic wasn't the greatest. The 06 Laramie I have now might be slightly improved, but the new style now seems to be a big jump forward. With the 68RFE they finally have a transmission close to being worthy of being mounted to the engine.

IMHO they aren't up to the fit and finish of the import brands, but they are making progress. Too bad the import brands are more likely to be made in the US.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nick02Ram
http://www.dodge.com/en/2011/longhorn/

Anyone seen this yet? Longhorn Laramie Edition for next year. Western styling in the interior, loads of leather, wood grain, stitching. Looks like they made the seats out of my cowboy boots, belt buckle on the seatbacks, awesome truck....and prolly 60 grand
yeah I seen them, but I wouldn't spend $60k.. I got a 2012 4th gen xlt and I just install leather seats that are ranch style, I don't need no sun roof heated steering wheel dual AC and heater I live in Texas as long as my AC works I'll be fine