General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Duramax vs Cummins towing video, Great viewing

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's the first time i have heard of the over heating problem with the Dmax. My dad has a 2000 2500 Dmax and tows a 36' fifth wheel all over the country and has no problems, but he really likes my Cummins.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to say the Duramax load was worse because of the trailer setup. He must have been getting some fierce wind resistance. The Dodge shouldn't have been too bad with the trailer close to the cab and the Jeep so close behind. With the air gap between the Chevy and that U-Haul, no wonder he had troubles. Too bad I couldn't tell how much power he was actually using
Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jbjarko
Sheesh, this thing is slow, any other links for this video? It buffers every 5 seconds!!!!
Yeah, I'm on a 256 DSL and I'm just stopping it when it buffers and then watching some more later. I've got to have a copy of this! The thing is that if the Dodge had been a 600/6 speed it would've disappeared on the first hill and the video would not have been so beneficial to the point that he was making! Hats off to TxChristopher for refusing to be a Diapermax fall-guy!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mj007
Yeah, I'm on a 256 DSL and I'm just stopping it when it buffers and then watching some more later. I've got to have a copy of this! The thing is that if the Dodge had been a 600/6 speed it would've disappeared on the first hill and the video would not have been so beneficial to the point that he was making! Hats off to TxChristopher for refusing to be a Diapermax fall-guy!

Yup, I didn't once notice any black smoke out of that cummins, so I'm guessing its not bombed. I'll put my 05 up against that thing and I will walk him...all day long. Heck, I KNOW my 12v would too!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:55 PM

"Hers's my video as proof of what my D/M will not do, sir. Play it now if you like."

GM folks after stopping video 1/3 of the way through it---- "Thank you for your proof. After you allowed your engine to get hot and eventually overheat, the computer set of warning alarms audible from your video. You also allowed the Allison to get warmer than it should according to the temp guage on your dash. You, sir continued to drive while blatently ignoring all of our properly functioning guages, messages, alarms and co-pilot. Warranty of your engine and drive train components is void as of NOW. Thank you for your proof of abuse to your truck and thanks for your business also."
Old 01-14-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by i6DZUL
"Hers's my video as proof of what my D/M will not do, sir. Play it now if you like."

GM folks after stopping video 1/3 of the way through it---- "Thank you for your proof. After you allowed your engine to get hot and eventually overheat, the computer set of warning alarms audible from your video. You also allowed the Allison to get warmer than it should according to the temp guage on your dash. You, sir continued to drive while blatently ignoring all of our properly functioning guages, messages, alarms and co-pilot. Warranty of your engine and drive train components is void as of NOW. Thank you for your proof of abuse to your truck and thanks for your business also."
thats what i would tell him...and then throw him off my property that tranny and engine did fairly well consiredign he was nuking it for 20 min straight....and where are the state troopers when it matters? 55mph in an 80 in the passign lane? isnt the min speed 50mph?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jkitterman
Too bad I couldn't tell how much power he was actually using

When he was trying to pull the first hill, he was running around 3k RPM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:07 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I can't believe how big a moron this clown is. Driving along with his foot to the floor, ignoring all the bells and flashing lights, as he's barbecuing his engine to death. He probably doesn't care because he thinks he's got warranty, good thing he's got proof on film of how he's blatantly abusing his vehicle. Hopefully GM sees the video and laughs him out of the building after he burns up his engine.

He doesn't seem to grasp the irony of calling another vehicle inferior when he can't get past it. He's living proof that there's a fool born every minute.

And I won't even get into the left lane thing. The truckers must love having to pass the idiot on the right.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you notice that the Duramax was at redline (3000 RPM) while overheating and trying to climb at the same speed as the CTD? The Dodge was probably turning 2200 and normal 190F.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by torquefan
I can't believe how big a moron this clown is. Driving along with his foot to the floor, ignoring all the bells and flashing lights, as he's barbecuing his engine to death. He probably doesn't care because he thinks he's got warranty, good thing he's got proof on film of how he's blatantly abusing his vehicle. Hopefully GM sees the video and laughs him out of the building after he burns up his engine.

He doesn't seem to grasp the irony of calling another vehicle inferior when he can't get past it. He's living proof that there's a fool born every minute.

And I won't even get into the left lane thing. The truckers must love having to pass the idiot on the right.
The whole point is that the truck should not have overheated and should have passed the ol' Dodge with no problems IF you believe GMs' propaganda. And...if the truckers were edit you would have heard an airhorn.....I never cared which side of the 'left-lane flyers' I passed on as long as they stayed there! PLUS....It's GM and Isuzu that should be laughed out of the building.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

That is hilarious, says "I could have got one of those for 12 grand" Money well spent!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
That is hilarious, says "I could have got one of those for 12 grand" Money well spent!!!
Yeah, buddy!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Oh wow, I finally finished it. They guy's ringer on his phone just makes me laugh.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM

his video was made as evidence for a suit against gm. thats why he was beating it and the extra instramentation. there was no more, no way. left lane bugged me to.
Clark
Old 01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

This guy is Dudy max to the end. He now has a website buisness with cooling system band aid's for the Dudy Max. http://www.coolmyduramax.com/

You would think after being schooled on the highway he would have traded up to a 10+ year old Dodge??

Quick Reply: Duramax vs Cummins towing video, Great viewing