General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Dodge Trucks.Something interesting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3RD GENERATION Dodge Trucks.Something interesting!

Yesterday I posted on a Horse haul/Livestock haul site wanting quotes on getting two mares to me(near Athens Ga.from middle Nebraska) I've gotton about FIFTEEN replys or so with MORE coming it seems.So far EVERY hauler from the ones with SEVERAL truck trailer combos to the ones with only ONE have ALL been THIRD GENERATION(05/06) Dodges with Cummins! Only ONE (so far)was a D/Max unit and not ONE FORD.Now THAT ought to tell you something! I'm going to see how many more I get as the weekend progresses.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hounddog
Yesterday I posted on a Horse haul/Livestock haul site wanting quotes on getting two mares to me(near Athens Ga.from middle Nebraska) I've gotton about FIFTEEN replys or so with MORE coming it seems.So far EVERY hauler from the ones with SEVERAL truck trailer combos to the ones with only ONE have ALL been THIRD GENERATION(05/06) Dodges with Cummins! Only ONE (so far)was a D/Max unit and not ONE FORD.Now THAT ought to tell you something! I'm going to see how many more I get as the weekend progresses.
Not to dispute your insinuation that the Ram is a better choice, but it could also be attributed to something else. I live in Omaha, and there is a little (not real little) farm town just NW about 30 miles called Blair. This is where Woodhouse Dodge is. It is one of the largest dealers in the entire country. They ship Vipers to both coasts and all over the country - I know one of the two guys that sell Vipers. I think last year they were the number 5 volume dealer and number 1 or 2 in trucks. My point is, that if you are going to buy a truck around here, you can make a better deal on a Dodge (aside from rebates and such).
Old 06-17-2006, 05:14 PM

What has a dealer in Omaha got to do with it? Not a one has been based in Nebraska.These replys are from haulers ALL OVER the U.S. Some home bases are Washington,Wisconson,Texas,Ok,Ga,Wyoming,Va.etc. Had ONE more reply and its a also advertised as a 05 Dodge with xxx brand trailer.By the way MOST of the trailers named are Four Star so far with a couple of Sooners and others not named.But Four Star has been named 4 or 5 times.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:25 PM

I team rope and am around a bunch of horse trailers all of the time. It seems that Four Star has the best reputation in trailers as well with all of my friends and aquaintences. Cant beat that combo Dodge and Four Star.

Joe
Old 06-17-2006, 05:26 PM

Not to forget B&W Hitches for our gooseneck trailers.

Joe
Old 06-17-2006, 06:59 PM

What has a dealer in Omaha got to do with it? Not a one has been based in Nebraska.These replys are from haulers ALL OVER the U.S. Some home bases are Washington,Wisconson,Texas,Ok,Ga,Wyoming,Va.etc. Had ONE more reply and its a also advertised as a 05 Dodge with xxx brand trailer.By the way MOST of the trailers named are Four Star so far with a couple of Sooners and others not named.But Four Star has been named 4 or 5 times.
My mistake. I assumed since that the horses are coming from Nebraska, that would be where the truck and trailer would be form.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Go to any rodeo. Weather it be high school or pro. The number 1 diesel truck there is a Dodge. Bar nun.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM

These haulers are from every where going every where for the most part.Guy I'm using is leaving Texas(home) next Sunday going to Wyoming,pick up four,then coming back down through Nebraska,picking my two up,back to home,overnight them and four others.Then heading here,drop mine off and the other four are going to S.C. from there I don't know what he's doing.I did see a post about four in Texas needing to go to Wyoming and I bet he's bidding that haul and so forth.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:36 PM
KKB

omaharam, I am also from the area and you forgot to mention that Woodhouse also has Woodhouse Ford which is a much bigger store than the Woodhouse Dodge store, and both are in Blair. So there would be more of an opportunity to buy a Ford in that area than a Dodge in my opinion since the Ford store is probably at least 4 times bigger than the Dodge place. But without question the best place to go to find a deal is Woodhouse in our area, heck I am from southwest IA and it is about 125 miles there, but the first and only place to look for a truck.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by goose2
Go to any rodeo. Weather it be high school or pro. The number 1 diesel truck there is a Dodge. Bar nun.
Depends on the section of the country you're in. Southeastern Oregon is definitely Ford country and you'll see almost nothing else. I went by a ranch a while back that was holding a cutting competition. It looked like a Ford dealer parking lot, 29 Fords of various ages...and one lonely Dodge Dakota hooked to a two-horse slant load. Even here in Nevada the ranches/cowboys still drive way more Fords than Dodges or Chevys. But Dodge has made tremendous gains in the last couple years, due to the good 'ol Ford 6.0!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 AM

not to hijak the thread, but what kind of prices are you getting quoted right now per loaded mile? Just curious to see what everyone else is doing
Old 06-18-2006, 07:59 AM

Its like 1143 miles.So far all but a few have been $1300 to 1400.One was $1600 with a deposit and ONE was $2000 with a 50% deposit.Told them NO way on a deposit etc.Don't trust that at all.Then THE one was a guy with a already booked haul for four from Wyoming to S.C. He's based in Texas.Said that he'd swing down after leaving Wyoming and picked up my two and bring them on for $800.00. I had NO time frame it needed doing more or less and DID NOT need a deadicaterd haul just for mine.Was going to cost me around $900 to $1000 just in fuel.Thats of course going and coming back.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 AM

and the pan handle of nebraska totally seems to be ford country as well
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM

I have a friend who rides in rodeo's all over oklahoma and they haul with a Ferd, but she was asking me about my truck the other day and basically her response was "wow"
Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
When I was looking at a new Horse trailer the guy noticed I had a Dodge. He smiled and said, " All of our trailer are pulled in with Dodges/Cummins and if I was buying a truck that is what I would have." This place was in S.C. I deceided to wait on a new trailer. Guy was dropping one off as we spoke. Needed to do more research. I'll use what I have for now. Only want to buy one. Want it to last a long time.

Quick Reply: Dodge Trucks.Something interesting!