General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Trouble in Paradise

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble in Paradise

Where are the VINs when you need them?<br><br>http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ub...3&amp;t=004791
Old 01-04-2003, 07:59 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Re:Trouble in Paradise

Read somewhere that something was breaking off inside the fuel line causing problems with the pump on these. Wonder if it's fouling the injectors as well?
Old 01-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sure hope they get it figured out...thats maddening and I know what its like...my 98.5 was in the shop several times...failed injector pumps...not deburred and not to mention the one dealer put the wrong pump on my truck...next to no power and 8 mpg!!! All the way from Vegas to Canada. :'(
Old 01-05-2003, 07:27 AM

The surprising thing to me about the whole series there is that they are replacing injectors. When you read the posts, the guys are saying the injectors are shot. If these are Bosch injectors, I can't imagine the injector failures at this rate. At the same time, I can't imaging the catastrophic failure that is causing the heavy oil dilution. I would think it would be the fuel line to the injector failing and just pumping raw fuel into the valve cover. I know this is not a new problem with these trucks because I remember seeing it last year where they were getting oil dilution. Also, a couple of the posters indicated it has happened to them more than once. Hope they figure it out. Otherwise, GM will manage to drive the value of diesel trucks down like they did with their gas/diesel conversion POS.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:23 AM

This is not good, not good at all.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:22 PM

I am afraid that is what diesel is going to be like until all this new emission stuff is sorted out, tried, and proven. It will take a few years to do this. Just look at what the gassers went through over the years. It is sad...as it is all just a money making scheme. The EPA has way too much power.<br>I give President Bush credit for resisting that stupid global warming treaty though.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:33 PM

I have read with great interest all the problems the Chevy boys are having with their DuraMax. ZERO surprise from me. The General has yet to produce a diesel for their cars and light trucks that works. I've had two and both were junk. Literally could not keep em running. Been driving CTD for about ten years now and wouldn't have anything else. ;D