General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Diesel Dynamics... Where did they go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Diesel Dynamics... Where did they go?

I guess I am old school, but I was just trying to look up Diesel Dynamics website and its no longer valid.. Did they succumb to the flooded diesel market?
I remember them as one of the innovators way back when..
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They closed up after Edge was bought by the same company that owns Superchips, Race Pak and MSD. Lawrence went back to designing and selling guns and gun parts. Keith went back to work for Dynojet.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Chapter President

Thanks for the information.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, what happened to Joe Donnelly? DD made a believer out of him! I read he had some health problems and moved to NM or something. He helped me a lot with my 12V. Craig
Old 09-13-2008, 06:17 AM

I can remember sticking in some Diesel Dynamic injectors and turning my "3 light Edge box" to orange and having lots of fun with the local PSDs.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Thumbs up Diesel Dynamics

I ran DD2's in my '99. It developed poor mileage symptoms so I shipped them to Keith Locklear. He e-mailed me immediately upon receipt that two were subpar. Those were rebuilt and four more balanced injectors were thrown in and shipped back to me,all in one week! Great company and service.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by C Schomer
Also, what happened to Joe Donnelly? DD made a believer out of him! I read he had some health problems and moved to NM or something. He helped me a lot with my 12V. Craig
Ya, I forgot about Joe.. Huge TDR supporter and alot of good stuff came from that shop..
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by C Schomer
Just had dinner with him last night. He's doing fine. He moves between his home here and the one in NM. If you need to get in touch with him, let me know!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the news about Joe. I don't know if he would remember me but tell him Hi - I lived in the Denver area when he helped me with my 97 215. He kept trying to talk me into a 10 plate but I got an 11 from him instead, which I was very happy with. I'm really glad to hear he is fine! I think he's actually a chemist. Is he still doing that? I miss his stories about "Sickly"! Someone else who faded out of the picture was Piers. He and Joe turned into the dynamic duo! Craig
Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Chapter President

Ya, Piers showed up last year with PEAK Diesel Performance but since has disappeared again.. Some real Icons in the industry. Scotty is in that list as well as the late HVAC!...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I am still floating around. Last time I saw Joe was a few years back in NM at a TDR get together. He and I had a few laughs and and talked awhile on how things have changed. Piers, Nowell [HVAC...rip] Kurt Kwik spool...and many others did a lot for this industry. Lawrence from DD and I were tinkering one day and we learned that his mother lived a block from me for many years.
True B.O.M.B.ers. LOL
I remember when Mark tst was doing his ECM alterations many years ago when Joe was there [in NM again] and we were all making gains with our little paltry, gutless diesels.

Scotty
Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Chapter President

Yup.. reeling back the clock.... HVAC was the one who started the drag racing craze with diesel trucks. I may still have some video on my old computer. The Psycotty air system was just on the market and the 400 Hp club only have but a couple members.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Yup.. reeling back the clock.... HVAC was the one who started the drag racing craze with diesel trucks. I may still have some video on my old computer. The Psycotty air system was just on the market and the 400 Hp club only have but a couple members.
TNT/R race tune Tribute to Nowell Thomas

And Robert Patton keeps Joe busy writing for the TDR magazine, Joe is doing great.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And Gary (willyslover just moved to Idaho)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:15 PM

Smaller world than we all may think.

Quick Reply: Diesel Dynamics... Where did they go?