General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cummins Survey - let them know what you tink

Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Cummins Survey - let them know what you tink

Let your opinion known with Cummins, IMO looks like Cummins is trying to make a point with Dodge.
I voiced my frustration with the fuel system that its unacceptable to have a $200 part fail and a $1000 injection pump has to be changed.

http://www.cummins.com/na/pages/en/p...veyvoc2007.htm

...lemme have it
Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got done making the suggestion to put an adequate lift pump/ filter assembly on from the factory, so we dont have to spend several hundred dollars doing it ourselves.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:28 AM

I did the survey too. Not only did I suggest they solve the lift pump and filter issues, I suggested they take a good look at the fuel system in the overall. In my opinion they need to sit down wit both Bosch and Dodge and get it right like what was done for the Duramax owners. I also inferred that all these ISSUES would only serve to affect Cummins as a whole as their block sits under all this un-dependable, dis-functional junk that people are becoming leary of purchasing. I went on with my rant to tell them that the 'dirty fuel', 'aftermarket parts', and 'warranty voidings' were sorry excuses to mask the real underlying engineering errors and manufacturing cost cutting. Many of the 'aftermarket' stuff IS being added to solve the problems, I might add even added reluctantly because of warranty issues, but certainly not to generate more problems. I suggested that they STRONGLY consider giving owners the opportunity to schedule warranty fuel system and engine work after the preliminary Dodge 36K has expired. I would prefer on the remaining portion of the 100K to deal with with their TRAINED TECHS and MECHANICS. They might have better PR regarding their engines in the overall, otherwise the Dodge PR attitudes and poor quality service/repair will be doing them in like it will Dodge regarding future owners/purchasers.

CD
Old 11-17-2006, 10:34 AM

All done, gripped about the fuel system and the tranny. Of course the newer trannys are doing better but it took them a while to figure it out.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2500CTD View Post
All done, gripped about the fuel system and the tranny. Of course the newer trannys are doing better but it took them a while to figure it out.

Uh - what does Cummins have to do with the trannies in these trucks?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
It's a Cummins & Dodge related survey.
There ARE questions relating to the transmission.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Banned

I tore into them about the fuel system, ball joints, track bar, hub design, and dash cracking.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM

truckjunkie.

Cummins manufacturers engines, engines that end up in an auto manufacturers finished product. If the auto manufacturer has a poor reputation how many engines do you suppose they will manufacturer and ultimately sell? As compared to maybe putting the SAME engine into a vehicle that sells well because the manufacturer takes care of it's buyers and has a good reputation?

Also, at this point in time the 5.9 has lost a home. After January 1 the NEW block will be on the block with all the emissions stuff. Maybe Cummins and Dodge are about to part company on the 5.9 and someone else wants to pick up the engine for their vehicles?

Maybe this survey is not a JOINT survey, maybe Cummins is LOOKING at their relationship with Dodge and considering something else? Dodge is getting LESS CUSTOMER FRIENDLY these days, maybe LESS CUMMINS FRIENDLY too for all we know. Maybe they are trying to find out from the consumers what the problems are because many who encounter big problems with Dodge are comlaining to them? Dodge could be giving them the "WE have no idea why our custmers are complaining about us, we make customers happiness and satisfaction our main goal" and then on the backside the customers are blowing stuff at Cummins. Real conflict there, eh?

If you want to know what people think about something, do a survey, you will find out real quick.

CD
Old 11-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
It's a Cummins & Dodge related survey.
There ARE questions relating to the transmission.
OK OK OK - I guess I should've quantified my question... I didn't infer I was questioning anyone, I was just wondering why Cummins was asking about transmissions. I get it now.

Thanks guys - you made some good points. Now I really am curious about Cummins' motive behind this survey... So far (36K miles) this is the happiest I've ever been with the 10 vehicles I've owned in my life.

I wonder who would possibly be able to pick up the 5.9... Maybe some other country (China, India - or some other country that won't be as scrutinized by the Kyoto protocol as much as the U.S?)

OK - sorry - that last statement should probably belong on the Politics site...
Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 PM

I told 'em it was the Cummins that was the only reason I bought Dodge, and they need to step up and protect all the owners of trucks with filters that aren't protecting the parts they are supposed to. GM did it, why won't Chrysler?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, all done.....as with others and the fuel system gripes, I let them have it about there quality control and customer service regarding the 53 block issue!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT View Post
OK, all done.....as with others and the fuel system gripes, I let them have it about there quality control and customer service regarding the 53 block issue!
just put my advice in about the lift pump and plastic intercooler
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM

Just filled them in on the Tranny issues and ------well that was about it!! I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!! I did tell them that taking the Cummins away from Dodge would definatly cause the downfall of Dodge's Heavy Duty Line!!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anybody gets any replies from this survey post'em up would luv to hear what they have to say.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:56 AM

I brought up the Issue of no OD lockout on the 2005's .. and that Dodge should offer a flash to fix it and make it like the 2006..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cummins Survey - let them know what you tink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.