Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   CMT Trick My Truck Dodge Pick-up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/cmt-trick-my-truck-dodge-pick-up-164145/)

ripping r 08-10-2007 11:45 PM

I did not see the show. but from the pic's that truck was way better off before they got a hold of it. i would be very p off if that was my truck. sell it and go get a newer one!! that is usefull.

53 willys 08-11-2007 12:00 AM

yuk to everything they did but the big wheels...those cab lights are terrible and so is the paint and interior[yuk]

wcbcruzer 08-11-2007 02:23 AM

Well, all I gotta say is if the owner actually uses that truck for farming or whatever, he's outta his mind. I like the engine, the wheels, and that's about it... Interior has been trashed. I'd be embarrassed to drive that thing with the crazy paint job 'n all. But I guess if they didn't then it wouldn't look like they put as much work into it.

doomgaze 08-11-2007 08:02 AM

Nice to see that I wasn't the only one that thought "how in the world is he going to shift with that console in there?"

I did enjoy the show. You're right, its not much of a work truck anymore... but I wouldn't say I hated the truck or anything. Definitely not my choice of colors (inside or outside) but I can appreciate what they did to the thing.

I've come to the conclusion that if I ever had someone nominate me for the show I would definitely tell them what to say on the tape about me! No way would I be a chicken farmer with a yoke yellow interior or have a truck painted pink and purple with breast cancer awareness on it (not that is was a bad cause... just not on my truck!).

But then again, I'm a cowboy. They couldn't possibly screw that one up, could they? Give me tooled leather inserts, ostrich quill seats, running horses on the exterior... oh yes!

Okiehunter 08-11-2007 08:55 AM

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![yuk]

donnee 08-11-2007 10:27 AM

If that was truly going to be used on a farm and all the dusty roads its going to be going down, why did they forget the mudflaps on the rears??
I agree, it looked better before.

aggie06 08-11-2007 11:12 AM

I would sell it to some show goer, and use the money to buy a new truck.

Diesel_Storm 08-11-2007 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by graphitecumnz (Post 1642206)
I've said this a million times to different people about these fixup shows... if I had the chance to have my truck 'fixed', I'd turn it down in a heartbeat. Pimp My Ride, Overhaulin' and now Trick My Truck....

i would for sure turn down Pimp My Ride, they do some stupid stuff on that show.

however, i would not turn down Overhaulin'. Chip Foose does some awesome work on cars while still keeping it level headed.

Trick My Truck, aside from the Dodge i like what they do. customizing a big truck like that is one thing, cause most of those guys practically live out of their trucks. also with the big truck, it can still be used to do its job, unlike the Dodge.

Box5 08-11-2007 07:50 PM

I wouldn't turn down any of those shows, because u can turn around and sell the entire electronic store they throw into the cars to buy a brand new truck, lol. Pimp my ride they put like $30k in the stereo and tv systems alone.

But i think there was a ford guy on the inside of this show, I mean what person in there right mind paints a work truck like that? They should have done a custom dump/flatbed with something interesting like a full air suspension that drops the truck real low to load stuff in the bed or somthing, lol.

gafirefighter 08-12-2007 01:38 PM

it looked like all it needed was a good bath and some center caps in the before pics.

12valve@heart 08-12-2007 01:46 PM

I was at least expecting RanchHand bumpers on both ends. Those mafia boys have quite a bit to learn about farm trucks.

truckjunkie 08-12-2007 09:43 PM

I caught the last part of that show when my Wife yelled - 'Hey honey - come look and see what these idiots did to some farmer's work truck!!!'

That thing made me wanna puke. Who thought that making the interior of a work truck would be cool if it looked like an egg or whatever they were trying to do?

nchapa 08-13-2007 01:20 AM

lets see how long till it shows up on ebay, so he can buy a new one he can actually use to work with.

CTD03 08-13-2007 01:56 AM

I dont like it at all just saw pic didnt watch the show i dont know if i can

they really dont understand what the little cummins truck is all about

we need to go and have a talk with them...

Homer S. 08-13-2007 02:52 AM

So it's agreed, everone loves what they did- me too.