Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   Best Place to get a CXT (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/best-place-get-cxt-120171/)

Wulfdiesel 10-15-2006 08:43 PM

Best Place to get a CXT

Ive decided on an International CXT for work and marketing related reasons. I have talked with a few international dealers here in Socal. Id like to get an 06 off a lot somewhere so I dont have to wait till after the 1st of the year if I order one of the 07' emissions models.
I have checked Ebay and the going price there seems to be about 80K roughly(same with truck trader)
Im more interested in a full service or TRAC lease than a purchase for tax reasons so Im leaning more toward that option rather than buying the truck str8 up from a 3rd party.

Any Ideas guys? [coffee]

spitfire9137 10-16-2006 03:09 PM

Im sure you have your reasons, but why on earth would you want one. They are so high up you cant really use the bed, it would be such a pain loading and unloading. You also cant tow anything with it other than a bumper pull trailer. The local international dealer here has had one every once in awhile that I have looked at when there for parts and in my opinion its too big to be used for anything reasonable.

Wulfdiesel 10-16-2006 11:58 PM

I know all of that
The Truck will be used ONLY for marketing purposes
I have a buissness whose name and function goes extremely well with what the international stands for(statement vehicle that attracts lots of attention).
My buissness tends to have to be done marketing in small areas(25 -50 mile radius) @ a time since it is a mobile service industry.
I feel that using the CXT properly(painting it to my company logo and colors) and parking it in high traffic intersections will effectively and dramatically rasie the exposure in the areas I choose to park the truck thus increasing buissness.

follow me? [coffee]

dieselram_04 10-17-2006 05:10 AM

Thats an awfully expensive billboard!!!

displacedtexan 10-17-2006 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by dieselram_04 (Post 1169157)
Thats an awfully expensive billboard!!!

Part of the point. He gets to enjoy it, and write it off...

They are capable of towing a LOT, I have a friend that looked into getting one, The height was not an issue because he was having a gooseneck custom built to haul his dozer.

Mixer Man 10-19-2006 12:49 AM

The engine specs were pathetic ........ and 7 mpg to boot [yuk] .

Wulfdiesel 10-19-2006 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mixer Man (Post 1172103)
The engine specs were pathetic ........ and 7 mpg to boot [yuk] .

that really doesnt matter much to me. If I ever haul anything with it im sure the truck will have no problem(its not like I need to pull 30-40 tons anywhere)

and besides there are several engine options. they offer the DT570 with 310 HP and 800+ ft/lbs of torque.

but remember guys, this truck will be 99.9% a STREET MARKETING vehicle. very low mileage, mainly parked in areas to draw attention.

spitfire9137 10-19-2006 01:57 PM

Do you think you will gain enough business from the purchase of this truck in order to pay for it?

widelod 10-19-2006 03:11 PM

Order one from the factory with out the engine and put a CTD in it[guitar]

Wulfdiesel 10-19-2006 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire9137 (Post 1172813)
Do you think you will gain enough business from the purchase of this truck in order to pay for it?

Depends on the estimated lease price. With my down ill pay around 1200$ a monht for it
1 unit of my service typically goes for 2-5K
so basically if the truck pulled in 1 new client a month it would double the payment of the truck
only problem is it is a advertising avenue Ill be locked into for a few years.

spitfire9137 10-20-2006 10:48 PM

Have you factored in the cost of the graphics/advertising material on the truck and insurance?

Wulfdiesel 10-21-2006 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire9137 (Post 1174864)
Have you factored in the cost of the graphics/advertising material on the truck and insurance?

ya, Graphics I can get done for cheap. Luckily I have a wonderful family friend who does amazing paint graphics work on autos and will hook me up for a negligable cost.
Insurance will run about 2500$ a year since the mileage will be kept so low on the truck so again, negligable.
It makes sense(strangely enuff) to get one. I am letting it all hinge on what my accountant says. I may need to spend the $$ before the years end just so the govt wont take it from me. lol [coffee]