General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Beat to death but....

Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat to death but....

Ford owns Cummins or so my roommate swears. He also swears dodge is loseing the cummins, and puttin a 4cyl mercedes in their trucks, also in 07 Cummins will be an option in Ferds. I also heard, that Cummins is goin to a 6.? somethin or other, think its a 6.7 or 6.9, thats just college hear say, Ive noticed, a lot of diesel guys are full of crap lately im hearin all kinds of stuff like a cummins revin 7grand. Anyone else hear funny stuff like that lately. College life is great
Old 09-15-2005, 11:09 PM

ALL of that is nothing more than delusional speculation. When I was in University most of my free time spent studying off a hangover. Kids these days
Old 09-16-2005, 03:01 AM

Not quite all of that is a farse. Cummins has tested moving their ag workhouse 6.7 B-series engine to the Ram platform, possibly for the '07 model year. We'll see if the EPA likes it...

brandon.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:37 AM

There could be something like what brandon says, but for the most part, your buddy is full of soot.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:23 AM

Surprised the Ford/Cummins thing isnt in Snopes yet.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont hear much about it

Not many own diesels in college down here.... I agree about the snopes comment as well.... I have heard that my carbs need readjustment and i need a better muffler on that truck tho

Tx
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM

Show him this: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...asp?Symbol=cmi and ask him to show you which one of these investor groups is Ford.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ds1rider
Surprised the Ford/Cummins thing isnt in Snopes yet.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by usmc2311
Show him this: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...asp?Symbol=cmi and ask him to show you which one of these investor groups is Ford.

Oooo that is perfect!! I printed that off and I am going to keep that in my truck!! Thanks.......
Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Oh yeah hes some more UNO BS i was in Cultural Diveristy ( stupidest class ever) anywho my buddies were on me to do a brake stand after class and some kid turns around and says its harder to lite up small wheels, a bigger wheel brakes loose easier and turns easier. i was like ok, so after class i stood on it and broke em loose and left a good 50 foot patch would have been longer but she started to get squirley so i let out of it. next day in class i was like boy i wish i had bigger tires them lil ones where hard to lite up. Some people should tape record themselves and listen to how stupid they sound.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:51 PM

Cummins

My cummins can hit 7,000RPM..... Man have I been babying it. I've run it so hard and can only get it up to about 3,000. Wow I imagine it must be pretty nap snaping at 7,000rpm. Only thing I own that goes that high is my weed eater and darn if it'll even twist my wrist.

It's amazing that when you ask somebody something, they'll make something up. You already know there full of bull, so it's so amuzing. I like John's quote on finding the spark plugs on our motors, they hide them very well. Only reason I know is I heard a loud clunk and found a plug at the rear of my tail pipe (half of a plug, I have dual exhaust)
Old 09-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Tire Hater

Haha, I need to dig up that Spark plug thread of mine (laughs).
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by usmc2311
Yeah, but which one(s) of those investment groups with Cummins holdings owns all of Ford's junk rated loans and in effect owns Ford and Cummins?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Here's one you may not have heard,,,,,, I sure hadn't!

While talking with an old buddy of mine, we got to talking trucks. Years ago, he had bought a 95 Ram gasser and really got a lemon. After 4 trannies, they made a deal with him and gave him a 96,,,,, tranny went south and he had them buy it back. I can't blame him and I'm afraid that would have put a sour taste in my mouth for Rams too.
Anyhow, now the year is 2005 and he tells me he has a King Ranch F-250. Said he loves the truck and he's getting 18mpg empty. I tell him that's great!,,,, I'm getting 21mpg running empty with my Ram, which is only 2wd and has a few mods. That's when he tells me, "Yeah,,,, I'm gonna get one of those chips to put in that will give me 29-30mpg" ....... (I didn't say anything to rain on his parade,,,,,)
But then came the story I've NEVER heard,,,,,
He tells me, "Yeah,,, that Cummins is a good motor,,,,,, you know Ford makes that,,," Me---> NO,,,,, that's not true,,,, and I tell him the how they did own about 10% of the stock at one time,,,, but not any more
He says,,,, "Ford owned Cummins and they even tried putting it in their pick-ups,,,, but Dodge sued them cause they were using them at the time. So in order to settle the law suit,,,,,,, Ford gave them all the rights to the Cummins engine and started making the Powerstroke!"
I couldn't hold back any longer and just started laughing,,,,,,,, I told him I had heard some good ones,,,,,,, but that one had to be the best one yet! Leave it to a Ford guy to come up with one like that,,,,,,,,, Bad part is,,,,, he still claimed it was true,,,,, and I gave up just laughing because he probably heard it from the salesman that sold him the Ford,,,,,, besides,,,, he's a good old phart that always did register a little high on the BS meter anyway.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
,,,,,, besides,,,, he's a good old phart that always did register a little high on the BS meter anyway.[/i]
Dennis, ya gotta stop talking to Top after he's been out on the boat with Huey tendin' his cooler.

~Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beat to death but....