General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Balancing tires on one axle

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balancing tires on one axle

OK so this question has some back round. Place I work at puts sealer in their truck tires ( class 8) of course every so often i get a truck coming in and they have a shake in the steer axle. Finally measured out the liquid selaer and put in each tire and shake when away. usually we go with a 6 pump rule. That means we use 6 pumps of sealer in each tire. SO i thing my question is applicable to those who put equal in their tires.

so the through process by the other party is that all the tires will balance out when driving and that the quantity of "equal" does not matter. my argument is that two tires of different mass on the same axle will cause the shake (think death wobble)

So my question is will two tires mounted on opposite sides of the axle that have different weights balance out? ie one tire weights 100 lbs and the other weighs 105 will that cause the shake?
Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think side to side matters.
How are the shocks? Bad shocks can cause all kinds of shaking. They don't have to be dripping-oil-leaking to be bad, either.
Pull a couple off and see how much resistance they have. It should take a constant amount of force to collapse it and then extend it. If there's any spots that are "softer" than the rest, they need replaced.