Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/)
-   -   ATTENTION, to all our members, please read this (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/general-diesel-discussion-92/attention-all-our-members-please-read-196805/)

Totallyrad 03-14-2008 01:52 PM

ATTENTION, to all our members, please read this

It has come to our attention that some unscrupulous vendor(s) and/or their employees have been soliciting sales from you, our loyal members, via the pm system. Unless you have directly asked for them to contact you concerning their product, this practice is a violation of the forum rules. If anyone has received any unsolicited pm's regarding product sales, please forward it to one of the admins so we can deal with it. Thanks, Rick

CowboyDave 03-14-2008 07:10 PM

Heck yea, take out the trash. On another forum I go to, not diesel related, the same thing is happening.

CD in NM 04-11-2008 11:54 AM

I had a couple of those unwanted solicitation a few weeks/month back, I just told them NO THANKS and suggested they use the classifieds like everyone else. Haven't had any since from them or anyone else. Rules are rules, you checked YES to be a member of the site - IDIOT or what after that!!!!

CD

Totallyrad 04-11-2008 06:20 PM

CD, we can stop it if we know. If you have any more issues, just let one of the admins know, we'll be happy to make the necessary adjustments in their posting abilities. We don't want y'all harassed and your time wasted on unsolicited ads.

Bark 04-15-2008 09:13 PM

Only one I ever got was from Buddha and you guys put a quick stop to him.

Totallyrad 04-15-2008 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 2044884)
Only one I ever got was from Buddha and you guys put a quick stop to him.

(Ball) bat brakes?[laugh]

PVjimmy 04-25-2008 03:27 PM

I could use some help with the rules related to postings. Yesterday I made a posting regarding an online vendor that has performed very poorly and the posting was removed quickly. Is this a violation? I assume that others would appreciate the warning. It is a fair forum in that others who have had good service from that vendor would be able to respond in kind.

Totallyrad 04-26-2008 06:36 PM

PVjimmy, usually, if a negative post or thread is removed it's because it looks more like a bash-fest and not a warning. I cannot speak for the post you are referring to but, if you will pm me a link to the thread I'll look into it and we'll get you an answer.:cool:

ELE 08-12-2008 05:12 AM

Is it hard to make a PM solicitation filter.

Include the words below:

Are you interested in
SALE, limited time only
Buy 3 get one FREE
FREE delivery

Totallyrad 08-12-2008 01:39 PM

It would be difficult because in order to make it work we would also have to monitor the pm's to ensure the system was working properly. The best approach at this time is for folks to just notify us when they receive a pm that violates the rules or is offensive. We'll look into it and take whatever action is appropriate.:cool:

j-fox 08-12-2008 06:13 PM

We should invite him out to the wood shed for a surprise!!!

travelingman 10-01-2008 03:14 PM

following the rules

Is it against the rules for us to mention an or even give out the phone number of vendors that we have used ?

madhat 10-01-2008 04:23 PM

If someone asks for it, that is cool. Don't go around the forum dropping the name and number for no reason (looks like advertising) or put it in your sig. What I have in mine is cool (giving credit) but it would be a no no if I had their numbers in there.
For Example:

member 1: I'm looking for a widget... who else has used them?

Member 2: I got mine from the widget company. I like it pretty good.

Member 1: What's their number/website?

Member 2: www. ....

You get the picture...

I had a few dealings with a couple of vendors, and I wrote a post about how they did a good job. People that wanted to know more PM'd me or asked a ? on the thread. I did not try to push their sales...

Clear as mud? [laugh]

Scotty 12-18-2010 04:39 PM

Its ok to show your LEGGS as long as you do not try and sell them on here.
At least that is what I think is/are the rules. Not really sure why I am posting this on here other then to get a [dummy]. :D

Bark 12-18-2010 06:11 PM

I was trying to figure out who would have posted something on a thread more than two years old. Should have known it was you. You be stuck in the past man[laugh].