General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

2006 ford 6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92'1stGen
I wouldn't touch a 6.0 even if you gave it to me. But, on a side note, I have a friend with an 03' 6.0 that has about 125k miles on it. It's never had any kind of catastrophic failure that's typical of the 6.0's. Other than an oil drip here or there, it's been fine. He drives it like he stole it, and it just keeps coming back for more...surprisingly.
Maybe some people get lucky....

because I have to admit I have a good friend that went with a 6.0 for his work truck....(rather, his father who is a Painting contractor went with it)

They bought 3 of them brand new off the lot for their trucks..

My buddies truck currently sits at 250k give or take 10k and it has not had ONE SINGLE PROBLEM...origional turbo, head, tranns, etc...

they change the rubber, brakes and oil...thats it

they dont tow heavy but they do load the bed with stuff and on big jobs it..multi million dollar homes that require LARGE paint volumes they tow a small trailer with paint and commerical sprayers.

his personal truck is the CLEANEST 97 F350 crew cab longbed PS i have ever seen.

luck of the draw I guess.

NCA.

PS...my bone stock cummins eats his bone stock PS up...LOVE it. (of couse gearing and the fact his is lifted 6" with 35's might help with that...lol)
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
partners 04

Both my partner and I bought new diesels in 02,his a 7.3 and mine a 5.9. He traded his for an 04 after the 05's were out. To good of a deal to pass up. Big mistake! To that point neither truck had any motor issues though his did need a glow plug controller that last winter. Since he bought it he has had a turbo replaced, 6 injectors, more sensors than I can count,head gaskets, computor, intake gaskets and now it's burning off a gallon of antifreeze every 100 miles. Mine has 193,000 miles and has had the injector pump replaced under warranty at 92,000 miles. His 7.3 was a good truck! He got Ford to extend his warranty on the motor to 200,000 miles by telling them he was gonna use the lemon law on them, worked. Had to buy a backup truck because this one is in the shop so much. The rest of the truck is solid and takes a lot of abuse. Twogun