Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Warning Low Sulfur Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning Low Sulfur Diesel

I emailed one of the major petro company's nearby Exxon and asked them about there low sulfur fuel because it made my truck start to run horrible and i think its the cause to my injection pump seemlessly going out. This is what they told me.

Mr. ******

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties running low sulfur fuel in your personal vehicle. We are mandated by the government to a strict precision standard and we have no room for margin. We do greatly apologize for your complaint but it’s not our fault for the problems it’s the standards the government is forcing onto our company. This is the last year for E61 Diesel and it’s not our decision to run lower cetane levels in the fuel either. The government is forcing us to drop our value of cetane to 40-42 range to cut down on public display of performance diesel vehicles. After this year E41 is going to be the standard fuel and 2007 and later vehicles are unable to use this mixture of fuel as of yet. We are expecting to release B50 Diesel in early 2007 for use on newer design engines after 2007 production line. We do greatly apologize again and hope you understand where our regulations come from.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Well, aint that some ****
Old 06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the government is thinning Diesel fuel in order to reduce all of our power.

I HAVE 130 RWHP AS IT IS!!!

Well, if it's true, I have another excuse for my veggie system...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:57 PM

Lately, like you I have noticed that depending on where I fill up, the truck runs like total crap. I have since started to use additives and it seems to help but you can still tell a difference sometimes. This really burns me and I don't even have an older truck, but was planning on trading my 1500 for a 2nd gen. truck, and it is affecting my 05 CTD. I will probably spend more for additives than for fuel to make sure they run right.Not sure if it is worth all that.
Originally Posted by storx
I emailed one of the major petro company's nearby Exxon and asked them about there low sulfur fuel because it made my truck start to run horrible and i think its the cause to my injection pump seemlessly going out. This is what they told me.

Mr. ******

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties running low sulfur fuel in your personal vehicle. We are mandated by the government to a strict precision standard and we have no room for margin. We do greatly apologize for your complaint but it’s not our fault for the problems it’s the standards the government is forcing onto our company. This is the last year for E61 Diesel and it’s not our decision to run lower cetane levels in the fuel either. The government is forcing us to drop our value of cetane to 40-42 range to cut down on public display of performance diesel vehicles. After this year E41 is going to be the standard fuel and 2007 and later vehicles are unable to use this mixture of fuel as of yet. We are expecting to release B50 Diesel in early 2007 for use on newer design engines after 2007 production line. We do greatly apologize again and hope you understand where our regulations come from.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hm.. I smell a troll here.. that cant be serious.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM

Thats a bunch of SHOOT!! So screw the rest of us!!! Ihad to fill up with some of that 15ppm low sulphur fuel in louisiana but poured in a ton of powrservice additive. i dont think i noticed a real difference, but i sure as heck dont want to replace the pump all the time or things of that nature.

"We do greatly apologize for your complaint but it’s not our fault for the problems it’s the standards the government is forcing onto our company. This is the last year for E61 Diesel and it’s not our decision to run lower cetane levels in the fuel either. "

Well so much for the "Freedom" in this case. So what next? are they going to stop selling anything but 87 octane gas, or better yet lets lower it to about 60 octane.... What s this coming to??? I mean they want to reduce public display of diesel vehicles??? Well last time i looked there were TONS more gassers that are all built up than diesels anyday, what about them?

wayne
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 AM

whats the street legal hp limit? isnt it around 8 to 900hp? if they feel they gotta change things they should reduce that limit instead of making a change that could damamge our engines or force us to modify them in order to reduce our power..anyway i dont think that they can legally make a fuel that would damage existing vehicles, they would get too many lawsuits. however i think it is possible that they want to reduce the fuel quality becuz it is cheaper to make and they could lower the price for the consumer..but it would be crap!! cuz i just got my truck!! and i only want the best for my baby...lol
Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 AM

well i emailed them back asking what are the procedures for filing for replacement of injection pumps on 98-02 dodge diesel trucks since i am not the first person to recognize the crap is destroyin gour pumps. Im just curious to what they will respond back with. Also if the state laws still permit the legal limits for hp back in 1992 which was the last time i checked into it. It was 800hp gas and 500hp diesel
Old 06-12-2006, 06:19 AM

well i emailed them back asking what are the procedures for filing for replacement of injection pumps on 98-02 dodge diesel trucks since i am not the first person to recognize the crap is destroyin gour pumps. Im just curious to what they will respond back with. Also if the state laws still permit the legal limits for hp back in 1992 which was the last time i checked into it. It was 800hp gas and 500hp diesel, ever notice how all the new 16 wheeler tracters top out for hp around 480????? this is the reason for it. I know for sure ive seen some pretty modified engines out there like a friends peterbuilt that has a twin turbo setup..... but if he was ever to be stop by DOT he would be toast.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 AM

The lubbristity of the fuel should be added to the fuel by a supplier.. How much.. or how little will be different by each supplier...

That's a first on the Cetane rating, I've seen... John Deere wants a min of 45 for most of its engine...
Bryan
Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 AM

ok, one of the major production plants for the vp-44 pump is local to my area. Its located at:
100 Bosch Blvd
New Bern, NC 28562.
I called them up and spoke to the production line manager about the effects that low sulfur fuel could cause on the vp-44 pump and i was amazed that he couldnt tell me what the pump was used for. He basicly mentioned that he knows it is a product for fuel injection and thats about it. I am also confused because i priced a vp-44 pump from 3 different suppliers localy and they were 1,640.00 + labor if they installed them. If you can or want to you can mail your complaints to the address above and we can see what the results could end up being. Im not sure if they even have a clue to what is going on with the vp-44 pumps commercially. Yet what was curious to me with them having such a huge parking garage on every floor there was not one dodge diesel truck spotted when we drove bye. There were half a dozen ford and chevy and there was even a izuzu with a camper attached to it for sleeping in, in the parking lot.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:57 AM

Cetane rating are posted at the pumps in Va. Almost everybody is selling 40, the truckstop sells 45, and BP sells premium diesel with 47 cetane. 40-42 doesn't dound like a reduction for fuel around here, but I run a cetane booster anyways =P
Old 06-12-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by storx
ok, one of the major production plants for the vp-44 pump is local to my area. Its located at:
100 Bosch Blvd
New Bern, NC 28562.
I called them up and spoke to the production line manager about the effects that low sulfur fuel could cause on the vp-44 pump and i was amazed that he couldnt tell me what the pump was used for. He basicly mentioned that he knows it is a product for fuel injection and thats about it. I am also confused because i priced a vp-44 pump from 3 different suppliers localy and they were 1,640.00 + labor if they installed them. If you can or want to you can mail your complaints to the address above and we can see what the results could end up being. Im not sure if they even have a clue to what is going on with the vp-44 pumps commercially. Yet what was curious to me with them having such a huge parking garage on every floor there was not one dodge diesel truck spotted when we drove bye. There were half a dozen ford and chevy and there was even a izuzu with a camper attached to it for sleeping in, in the parking lot.
You just spoke to the wrong person.....if you asked a tech question to the guy that assembles our units.....he prob couldn’t tell you the answer. He just assembles them. That’s it. AND he will tell you that! ALSO.....i don’t think Bosch is making the VP-44 anymore. I think they are all reman.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:45 PM

That there ain't no letter from Exxon. I could'a done better'n that myself.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hannibal
That there ain't no letter from Exxon. I could'a done better'n that myself.
I agree - - - -Starting rumors is a !

Well, there is no way that they are going to be able to make a Fuel that will put the American Economy in a bind!
If this fuel is so bad, what happens when all of the Big Rigs start breaking down after a couple of tanks of this stuff!!! Not feasable- - - !!

Quick Reply: Warning Low Sulfur Diesel