Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Oil price fall predicted

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is interesting.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Y&refer=energy

MikeyB
Old 06-12-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel was down here today by 11cents if that means a darn thing...
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
on a serious note, an industry 'expert' on fox news last night, said that between manipulation by the oil companies, speculators, and investment banks, the price of oil has been artificially inflated by roughly 100%!
Thats where things are heating up. The investors who have been hyping everything up and rolling in cash, laughing as big oil, the arabs, bush, etc are taking the heat when they know its all them. I can see them giggling to eachother how "nobody has a clue!" Well, their little secret has leaked, and the entire country is turning around and looking right at them. They know its their last hurrah and are trying to suck every last dollar they can before this bubble bursts.

Diesel is around 4.6x here and has pretty much stabalized. Whats been going up is gas.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by tx_2500
Well, their little secret has leaked, and the entire country is turning around and looking right at them.
No, actually the whole world is looking at them. Sadly, it makes America as a whole look bad. We don't need this right now.

garrett
Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Just have to add, this is an awesome thread. Even tho 99% of us are pretty much powerless I find that just reading the rants,links and such sort of ease the pain. Makes me know I`m not the only one all bent outta shape about it, big thanx to all.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by garbri
No, actually the whole world is looking at them. Sadly, it makes America as a whole look bad. We don't need this right now.

garrett
No, we don't.

What I'm wondering is, just because now we think we've FINALLY got to the bottom of what is going on here, what's going to be changed or done about it?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
No, we don't.

What I'm wondering is, just because now we think we've FINALLY got to the bottom of what is going on here, what's going to be changed or done about it?
I bet nothing until at least November.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
Wish I could see that making a difference. I though the old way of doing it was gas was always CHEAPER in election years?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
It'll probably get worse!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM

We could stick it to the traders the very same way they've been sticking it to us...all it would take is a nationwide boycott of oil. Not one of these "don't buy from this company on this day" kind of schemes. It would be a don't USE oil for a week. This would glut the market of oil so badly that anyone holding the bag (the commodities traders) would be stuck with the bill.

It can work, but each of us would have to do their part.

garrett
Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
No, we don't.

A MOB of people marching on NYMEX with pitch forks/torches etc.???? Or maybe we can send em a fruit basket or sumthin
Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib
A MOB of people marching on NYMEX with pitch forks/torches etc.???? Or maybe we can send em a fruit basket or sumthin
A fruit basket with tainted tomatoes.

"That would get them runnin" (pun intended)

garrett
Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by garbri
We could stick it to the traders the very same way they've been sticking it to us...all it would take is a nationwide boycott of oil. Not one of these "don't buy from this company on this day" kind of schemes. It would be a don't USE oil for a week. This would glut the market of oil so badly that anyone holding the bag (the commodities traders) would be stuck with the bill.

It can work, but each of us would have to do their part.

garrett
Every time I see one of those stupid don't buy fuel on this day emails or posts I say the same thing. Kills me to see folks dumb enough to think that not buying fuel (while continuing to drive) for one day will actually do anything, other than make everyone else laugh.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
No, we don't.

it looks like nothing, for now. republican senators keep blocking attempts to repeal the enron loophole, and force oil traders to abide by the same rules that the rest of commodities traders have to follow (which they currently DO NOT!). both sides are screwing the middle class of this country, and neither party has a cadidate with a clue.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Enron loophole is a double edged sword. So good for many people and so bad for others. Dark markets have their place, IMO. Think about the leverage they give. Great power there.

Speculators were taken the cleaners on natural gas in those markets too. Oil wont be much different. I bet we get a few jumpers that day.

Quick Reply: Oil price fall predicted