Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Oil price fall predicted

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Unfortunately,......regulation.

That, or we all sit home for a week and totally crush the "demand" side of this problem.
I like your second choice over regulation. The feds need to keep their hands off...they'll just screw it up.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:17 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by capt.Ron
I like your second choice over regulation. The feds need to keep their hands off...they'll just screw it up.
Probably right Ron. It's a shame that the STATES have about zero power and/or backbone. I'd love to be a part of some kind of old fashioned protesting or something.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 PM

Im there with ya.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P.J
we all sit home for a week and totally crush the "demand" side of this problem.
The sad part is 95% or more of the people in the USA don't believe that if we all parked our cars and trucks for a week or 2 it would hurt them. I think if we first practiced for 10 to 12 weeks of not driving from Friday night at 7:00 PM until we have to go back to work Monday morning we would sure get someones attention by not using any fuel over the weekend. If that did not work then stop all driving for a week or two and I bet they would be hurting from not bring in a few billion dollars with no gas or diesel being burned up do to no one driving at all except for an emergency.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:02 PM

Consumption in the US has already gone down a LOT. It usually goes up each year. They KNOW were using less but the price continues to go up. Its mostly speculation thats doing it. Even the saudis are saying the price should be something like 60$/barrel. Iran of course is pushing for that 150$ mark.
The poop is really going to hit the fan soon when working folks start going bankrupt and government programs get overloaded. MA is already a few billion in debt.. but then weve got the highest amount of government per capita in the US.
Theyre going to come looking for your wallets real soon, is my guess.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:10 PM

I was watching the news today, contrary to what big oil is telling everyone, statistics show that we are at a 5 year LOW in oil comsumption while prices continue to jump 10, 20, 30 cents. When even the media has finally stopped regurgitating the same tired rhetoric that big oil has been giving us, something is deffinatley up. I think the "S" is about to hit the fan on all these greedy investors.

The blame game has gone from the Saudi's, to developing countries, and now to investors, and it seems that this is all fixin to come to a head. Its gonna be "lights out, last one to leave gets stuck with the check" and God help whoever they nail for this.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tx_2500
I was watching the news today, contrary to what big oil is telling everyone, statistics show that we are at a 5 year LOW in oil comsumption while prices continue to jump 10, 20, 30 cents. When even the media has finally stopped regurgitating the same tired rhetoric that big oil has been giving us, something is deffinatley up. I think the "S" is about to hit the fan on all these greedy investors.

The blame game has gone from the Saudi's, to developing countries, and now to investors, and it seems that this is all fixin to come to a head. Its gonna be "lights out, last one to leave gets stuck with the check" and God help whoever they nail for this.
Right on with your observation, the finger is pointing all over the room with not many places left to duck. Somebody is gonna need and industrial sized excrement shield when that stuff hits the fan.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
P.J
Banned

This poop, the kind that hits fans, WHAT will happen when it does?

Prices DROP on both crude and fuel in short order?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
I'd love to be a part of some kind of old fashioned protesting or something.
What An Ombudsman wanting to be part of public dissent?

Say it isn't so........
Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
What An Ombudsman wanting to be part of public dissent?

Say it isn't so........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

An ombudsman need not be appointed by government; they may work for a corporation, a newspaper, an NGO, as an organizational ombudsman or even for the general public, like the executive ombudsman. In some countries, an Inspector General may be the same as or have overlapping duties with a government-appointed ombudsman.

Yeah, thats the ticket,....I work for the general public!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I wonder if we are paying for the losses on the mortgage problems with this oil money.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

An ombudsman need not be appointed by government; they may work for a corporation, a newspaper, an NGO, as an organizational ombudsman or even for the general public, like the executive ombudsman. In some countries, an Inspector General may be the same as or have overlapping duties with a government-appointed ombudsman.

Yeah, thats the ticket,....I work for the general public!
Phil, No one could do it better
Old 06-11-2008, 05:14 PM
DTR Advertiser

Oil will drop so hard the housing bubble pop will look like nothing in comparison.

Anyone recall the price spikes to 40 bucks, then the drop back to 15? LOL It took two decades to get the oil prices back up. Why? People cut the heck back on oil use.

Not everyone is paying 138 bucks a barrell either.

Anything, no matter if it is a barrell of oil or a shiney new car will bring supply from all over the place if the profit and demand is high enough. The profit on a barrell of oil is stupid high at 138 dollars. With a production cost of under 50 bucks, you can bet the farm that people will get oil to market as fast as they can.

Tar sands are getting fired up in North Dakato. More will come. Around me oil wells are popping up all over the place. Here comes the supply and the demand is already waining some..... POP!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
But then even if the price drops, will the price of gas/diesel follow? They're already saying how the price of gas/diesel is already way behind the current price of oil, that the price of gas should be much higher based on oil price. Sounds like being set up for a oil price drop, but gas prices staying roughly the same.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

I think we need a gov. committee to look in to high oil prices.any volunteers?

Quick Reply: Oil price fall predicted