Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Need Some Help Here

Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Help Here

I'm Fairly New To Diesels And Im Aware Of Anti Gels And Diesel Fuel Treatments But I Would Like To Know More About Whats Being Called WMO. Can Some One Explain About Mixing Gas And Diesel And What Benifits You Get From Doing This. Im A Hot Shot Driver Out Of Okc And Have To Travel To Colder States Freq. Does This Help With Geling? What About An Increase In Power?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would use kerosene before i would put gas in it. i've heard of adding diesel to gas but not the other way aroundjust carry some antigel and use it
Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Chapter President

Just go to Wally world and get a gallon of the Power Service White bottle and add it per the instructions. I Can't See how You cap every word, Makes Typing harder!
I run my Waste Motor Oil in the summer, usually one gallon to a tank. I don't think i would run it in the winter though.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Uhhhhh.....i Only Cap Everything So I Can See Better While I Type. It Makes It Easy To Do If You Use The Caps Lock Key. The Use Of The Power Service Additive Didnt Prevent Some Geling While I Was In N.dakota The Mechanic We Used There Stated That They Have This Problem Due To Bio Diesel So I Thought There Might Be A Better Way To Prevent This From Happening Again. I'm Sure I'll Be Back In The Sub Zeros Again Real Soon. Thanks For The Tip Though.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
WMO is not mixing gas and diesel, it is running Waste Motor Oil in varying percentages.

As for mixing Gas with Diesel, I used to with the old fuels, put a couple of gallons in with 30, I am not so sure I would try it today, these reformulated diesels are strange, and definitely do not lubricate like the fuels of old.

Before you put anything odd in your tank, fill out your signature and let us know what type of truck you are running, the older trucks can get away with more than the newer VP or Common Rail trucks ( 98.5 and newer )

For the time being, I would get a couple of bottles of Howes 911 and double dose your fuel with Power Service white bottle.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 PM

I USE 2-STROKE(1 OZ TO GALLON#2), and power service, and 4gal wvo ,and 1/2gal rug, to 28-30 gal #2. no problems yet. some say the 2-stroke helps with gelling, i use it for the lub.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 PM

What Benifits Do You Get From Running Waste Oil In Your Gas And Why Does Nt The Diesel Lube Enough, Does It Make The Motor Run Smoother/quieter Please Explain Benifits
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM

the benifits are the #2, i have to pay for, the wvo is free(almost i have to buy filters, this makes my wvo cost around .20 gal) the wvo also acts as a cleaner, it really cleans out the fuel system, when i first started running wvo i had to change my fuel filter about every 2000-3000 miles, now it will go 10,000 miles, i change it when i change my oil...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 AM

explain wvo,and rug, what is the difference than just adding a bottle of stp or power service.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:47 PM

wvo , waste vegetable oil,- rug , regular unleaded gasolene. the rug helps to thin the wvo, and it will help to keep from gelling, be carefull, i never run more than 5% rug to my wvo...(1/2 gal rug to 4 gal wvo). fuel inj cleaners are solvents, they thin the #2, and clean the injectors, wvo is a solvent (rug thins it), and the wvo lubes the system... yes it will quieten your truck down. if u dont want to run wvo u can use 2-stroke oil(1oz to a gal#2), this will lube and quieten, some report slight mpg increase. my truck runs best and gets best mpg on diesel and 2 - stroke.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM

If you run a Hotshot I would not be trying to use WEO or WVO mixed in my fuel as you need to worry if you get dipped by some dip at the scale house. If your running a Bio diesel mix then you need to use an anti gel that is made to work with Bio diesel as like you were told not all Power Service products work well with Bio diesel.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Thanks Dblr I Had Completly Forgotten About The Dot , That Would Be All I Need Under A Hot Load 2 Or 3 States Away!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by dodgehotshot01
Thanks Dblr I Had Completly Forgotten About The Dot , That Would Be All I Need Under A Hot Load 2 Or 3 States Away!!!!!!!
Hey I know somewhat what its all about as I've been there done and dealt with the DOT in many states years ago when I drove a 7 Axel truck trailer. I can still recall the first time I saw a hotshot and what I though of them taking away my LTL freight
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM

anyone on here ever benn dipped??? wvo at 25% is considered a fuel additive, no penalitys should be given for fuel additive... anyway when they dip, arent they looking for farm (dyed) fuel, or kero??? not oil... i have heard u can put 1 qt of black wmo to a tank of anything and it will not let the dip test work...(in other words it covers up the red dye in the kero or farm #2). i drive a lot 200-300 miles a day in 4 states and have never seen a pickup being checked by the dot...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:23 PM

but it pays so well...when you own your truck and trailer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Some Help Here