Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   Monster Diesel additive......... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/monster-diesel-additive-262835/)

blackfordd 01-29-2010 11:02 AM

Monster Diesel additive.........

So I was bouncing through the channels last night and ended up on "American Chopper". They were being asked to build a diesel bike by a company called "Monster Diesel". They seem new in the marketplace and were using the show for visibility. They formulate this additive with "nitro glycerin" which bonds to the diesel molecular structure. They went on about how poor and dirty diesel 2 is in this country is and that this additive cleans the fuel up and makes it a performance fuel. Also raising your horsepower with the new energy supplied by the "nitro" molecules. Because of the changes to the fuel there is less smoke because the fuel now burns cleaner and is more productive.

Heard of it? Tried it? Opinions? Just put "monster diesel" in a search engine and their website comes up.

The bike is cool and smoked like an 18 wheeler when they first started it. After the additive was put in it hardly smoked at all. Thought I would throw it out there.

David

JustRamIt91 01-29-2010 11:07 AM

haven't heard of it but im curious too. Subscribed

The_Head 01-29-2010 11:12 AM

Never heard of it either.

There's a company that does diesel conversions on Kawasaki KLR650's... 100 mpg.

blackfordd 01-29-2010 11:13 AM

I had never heard of it until last night.

jimbo486 01-29-2010 11:35 AM

that was a sweet bike they built!! i'd like to know the details of that motor though! from pictures, i can see that it's a 3 cylinder. maybe it's a VW with a VE?? we could all make that thing require a wheelie bar and full body protection [laugh] who knows, could be a small perkins or something. anyway, i've never heard of monster diesel either until last night when watching that episode. i've never believed in any additives i've heard of or seen. most of the time it's a waste of money. nothing's free. just my .02 though.

archer39 01-29-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jimbo486 (Post 2689740)
that was a sweet bike they built!! i'd like to know the details of that motor though! from pictures, i can see that it's a 3 cylinder. maybe it's a VW with a VE?? we could all make that thing require a wheelie bar and full body protection [laugh] who knows, could be a small perkins or something. anyway, i've never heard of monster diesel either until last night when watching that episode. i've never believed in any additives i've heard of or seen. most of the time it's a waste of money. nothing's free. just my .02 though.

i agree but who knows. that bike was pretty sweet. [guitar]

blackfordd 01-29-2010 12:19 PM

I don't remember the exact name of the motor but it was a "Briggs and Stratton" 50hp I believe. We'll have to keep our eyes out for the show again. Maybe it's online. I'll try and find it.

blackfordd 01-29-2010 12:22 PM

I can tell you that the girls name is "Christy Angel". Here is a link with some pictures of the bike.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...4.photogallery

JustRamIt91 01-29-2010 02:15 PM

It would be interesting to see. i think its on demand i'll find out tonight. The funny thing about this, is that i've been thinking about this for awhile, looking for donor bikes to do this my self. The biggest concern i had was rpm gap... i didn't think there was enough rpm in the little motors for the trans to shift nicely and not have any dead spots.

powerrammaster 01-29-2010 03:32 PM

This post is gonna get moved. Anyway, I think they were putting something down one of the stacks to make it smokey.Only one stack was was running dirty. In the end on the test ride it seemed to lack umph, and ran very clean and quiet. I noticed senior say during the unveil some catchy sales pitch about how the product makes it run so clean. That's why I think they put something in to make it look smokey on the first start. We all know a cold engine doesn't pour out black smoke when started cold.I start small tractor engines cold and it never looked like that.

I don't have much faith in anything Briggs puts their name on anymore, especially when there are nice little engines already made by Kubota, Deutz, Yanmar,MB,VW,Isuzu Mitsu, etc etc.

Desert-dog357 01-29-2010 05:31 PM

I don't know anything about Monster products but nitro-methanol is used in drag racing all the time. Lots of extra power and blown engines - that's what make all those colorful super charger explosions so spectacular !

Nothing new there, just marketing it for diesels.

oliver92 01-29-2010 05:41 PM

i caught just the 1st part of it...they mentioned nitro in respect to his pills that he has for his heart condition...then he stated that he got to thinking bout adding these molecules to the diesel molecule...what they described on the program is a diesel molecule to which they added 2 molecules of oxygen and one of nitrogen..thus putting basiclally more oxygen in the fuel from the get go..hence better combustion and cleaner burning..this is also what they do to avaiation fuel so it wont lean out in the upper atmosphere...just thought i would throw that out there...now if they would have done the n2o additive..well thats another story

67HotRod 01-29-2010 07:32 PM

$20 a quart and don't see how much to add to a tank of diesel.

Rglover 01-29-2010 08:34 PM

I believe they said a quart would treat 250 gallons.

hyperrcng 01-29-2010 10:12 PM

http://www.vanguardengines.com/vangu...Turbo%20Diesel

little searching and found the specs on the motor. be nice to see a up close pic of the engine to see if its not built by someone else and just marketed by briggs. seen that one before, painted and marked CAT but was built by kubota