Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Maybe good News

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Dem's say if we allow drilling off the coast and the ANWR it will do nothing to lower the cost of oil in the short term. All I can say is if they has allowed the drilling of the coast 10 years ago it those wells would be come on line about right now. Also if they make it easier to build new refineries the oil company's will have one less excuse not to build them.

At this time it looks like if Obama and a few more Dem's are elected our taxes will go up and when taxes go up so does the cost of everything we buy!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you really look at the history of how we got where we are today, you will find that this is not a partisan problem. Sure, the Dems have some very unfavorable policies and personal agendas, so do the republicans, Liberals, Conservatives and ever other group, etc. At the end of the day each group and memebers off each have all played a roll of digging this whole. Until we wake up and are able to get someone to "hear the people" and stopped the coruption and exploitation of our own citizens as well as others around the world, nothing will change. We will continue with our heads in the sand and like every other major civilization, we will be the end of our own demiss.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Other ways to get your point across, may work if it don't fall on deaf ears or a really fat bank account. Won't be flying my flag upside down but we the people are speakin and the politicians are dead locked. One side says drill, the other side says no way. The one side said, tax the big oil the other side said no way. Each one is to connected to the side they are trying to protect for their own benefit to worry about poor shlups like me and you......
The most we can do is vote for the side that we think will do the most to lower prices while at least maintaining if not increasing supply. If you think drilling for more oil will/could lower the price (eventually) vote right if you think a windfall profits tax on the oil companies will reduce the price vote left.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 AM

Boy, this didn't get political or anything
Old 06-23-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Boy, this didn't get political or anything
it's been political since somewhere around....page 1.
I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DBLR
At this time it looks like if Obama and a few more Dem's are elected our taxes will go up and when taxes go up so does the cost of everything we buy!
Dang, you make over $250K/year? Well, at least fuel prices aren't hurting you. At least us peasants can look forward to a $1,000 reduction in our taxes.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by capt.Ron
If I catch ANYONE flying their flag upside down I'm taking it.
Disrespecting this great country is not the way to get your point across.
We have enough ungrateful scumbags in other countries doing this kind of vile garbage!!

IT IS NOT OUT OF DISRESPECT.....

IT IS TO SHOW DISTRESS....(SHIPS DO IT PRIOR TO SINKING)..IF YOU DON'T THINK WERE SINKING YOU BETTER WAKE UP..

IT WOULD BE AN ATTEMPT TO GET THE BUREAUCRATS ATTENTIONS THAT HAS SOLD OUT THIS GREAT COUNTRY.......

HOW LONG DO THINK THINGS WILL CONTINUE AT THE CURRENT AND SOON TO BE HIGHER FUEL PRICES / OUTSOURCING OF OUR JOBS..

AS FOR THIS POST TURNING POLITICAL HOW CAN YOU SEPARATE THE TWO AS IT IS POLITICS THAT GOT US WHERE WE ARE TODAY..

PS.
THE COLO OIL AND GAS COMMISSION IS ABOUT TO DROP THE BALL ON ENERGY EXPLORATION IN COLO.. NEWS AT 5
Old 06-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram
IT IS NOT OUT OF DISRESPECT.....
Tell that to the families of the soldiers buried in Arlington National cemetery (and others) who died protecting that flag!!
Whether your intent is disrespect or not isn't the issue!!!
IT IS CLEARLY DISRESPECTFUL!!!
And besides who do you think would actually look at that upside down flag and say to themselves, "Oh my God, we better do something about these high fuel prices!"
The answer= NOT ONE SOUL.
We do have a political forum if you'ld like to debate the political side of this issue. http://www.all-politics.net/index.php
Old 06-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by austin1972
Dang, you make over $250K/year? Well, at least fuel prices aren't hurting you. At least us peasants can look forward to a $1,000 reduction in our taxes.
Not sure where you find your numbers but they're incorrect. Obama's plan raises taxes on EVERYONE above poverty level. Don't let the spin miesters fool ya.
And besides if he's gonna raise taxes on those over 250K or 1 mil or whatever it should go up exactly the same percentage for everyone. We shouldn't punish folks for being successful.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 PM

FYI, there are 9 bills coming up for a vote in congress, that would crack down on the speculators. hedge fund mgr. and top advisor to the oil companies, Michael Masters (for all of you who claim there's no tie-in between the oil companies and the speculators, please explain this), has warned that passage of these bills could result in the price of oil dropping by HALF within 30 days of their passing. BTW, of the 9 bills coming up for vote, only 1 was co-sponsored by a republican, as they have been opposed to any regulation of the speculators and have been opposed to the closing of the enron loophole- this is not party bashing, but just the facts. i feel that everyone should see the dirty laundry on both sides of the aisle, as both sides seem more concerned with big money corporate America and their own agendas, than with the survival of the working middle class. but, democratic support for these 9 bills is the first thing that EITHER party has put forth, that can give us hope for significant price relief in the NEAR future.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler
my opinion......for wht its worth....

THIS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT.....

you all are kidding yourself if you think a meeeeeeeeesley 500,000 barrels a day will even make a DENT.

FACT: the world burns 10 million barrels an HOUR...of crude. (as was stated by the oil exceutives durring the congressional hearing)(and confirmed by a phone call to my father who works for one of those sooooo hated oil companies)

thats right 10 million BARRELS AN HOUR.

what is half a million barrels a day gonna do.....it is just a ploy to make us THINK...aweeee how nice of them to help us out in this time of need...its a way for them to divert the attention away from them....a way to make them seem compasionate toward our plight.

NCA

ps. there is NO SILVER BULLET........people say drill...drill...drill...yea that will help but another known fact...just to put things in perspective....they estimate that there is approx. 10 BILLION barrels of crude in the anwar province...the UNITED STATES ALONE WOULD BURN THAT IN LESS THAN A YEAR...actually by the math it would last (estimated) Jan 1 to mid Sept.

I think you and your daddy need to get your facts straight. We use ~20 million barrels a DAY. NOT "10 MILLION BARRELS AN HOUR!!!!" Stop with the dramatics!!!CHRIST!!!!! Just because daddy works at the Chevron station doesn't mean he's big oil

http://www.eia.doe.gov/basics/quickoil.html
Old 06-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
FYI, there are 9 bills coming up for a vote in congress, that would crack down on the speculators. hedge fund mgr. and top advisor to the oil companies, Michael Masters (for all of you who claim there's no tie-in between the oil companies and the speculators, please explain this), has warned that passage of these bills could result in the price of oil dropping by HALF within 30 days of their passing. BTW, of the 9 bills coming up for vote, only 1 was co-sponsored by a republican, as they have been opposed to any regulation of the speculators and have been opposed to the closing of the enron loophole- this is not party bashing, but just the facts. i feel that everyone should see the dirty laundry on both sides of the aisle, as both sides seem more concerned with big money corporate America and their own agendas, than with the survival of the working middle class. but, democratic support for these 9 bills is the first thing that EITHER party has put forth, that can give us hope for significant price relief in the NEAR future.
Closing the Enron loopholes has been necessary since 2001, but no one has had the courage to propose it. I'm not surprised about the Repubs being opposed to the regulations. Just follow the money. Sad.

garrett
Old 06-23-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ciscofreak
I think you and your daddy need to get your facts straight. We use ~20 million barrels a DAY. NOT "10 MILLION BARRELS AN HOUR!!!!" Stop with the dramatics!!!CHRIST!!!!! Just because daddy works at the Chevron station doesn't mean he's big oil

http://www.eia.doe.gov/basics/quickoil.html
I was thinkin the same thing!!
It's funny to watch some of the whack-a-do conspiracy theories floating around this forum. Mostly baseless innuendo laced with a hint of truth.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM

http://saywhen.wordpress.com/2008/06...g-at-the-pump/
seems like lots of conspiracy theorists have a little thing called 'the facts' on their side. BTW, aside from being Ferris Bueller's teacher, Ben Stein has worked for pres. Nixon and Ford (republicans), and is a highly regarded economist who has authored many books, and is a frequent contributor to CNBC and Fox News. just another crackpot on board the 'conspiracy theory' express.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chipmonk

Yet another bill before congress..

Lets see here they had a bill on immigration, fixing the health-care system, foreign trade and the national debt...To my knowledge the only thing they agreed upon and passed was their pay raise bill..

Quick Reply: Maybe good News