Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Maybe good News

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garbri
Of course, the oil companies would respond by lowering inventory even further.
garrett
Maybe, but at some point it becomes counter productive for them to do so and would only drive more folks away from their product.
This is the same with increasing our oil supply here.
OPEC may continue to reduce production to maintain higher prices but there is a point where they can no longer afford to cut production. If we can get our oil production/ and alternatives up to that point the prices have to go down. Speculators will be unable to control the market at that point.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:17 PM

garrett.....your right....thats why a few posts ago....i posted that a nice solution would be to go neuclear....cpt ron agreed and added a few nice ideas of his own that would put a BIG bite in the market...

but again there are snags with the idea of a new electrical grid...the cost of doing this....and you know who gets to foot that bill...WE DO.....TAX dollars we are gonna pave the way for neuc.power and electrical grids...is it worth it???? probally, but think of it like this:

just a little analogy of the way we will incure the cost....(short form)

here in the bay area (cali) we found the need to build new bridges....so the state said to foot the bill, we need pass this measure (we'll call it measure "A") we will raise taxes only a fraction of a percent. to offset the cost of the new bridges...now we all know that a portion of our vehicle reg (the largest portion) is to help pay for road improvement and new road construction. But they said if we pass this measure then we wont need to raise the reg fees on our vehicles....well we passed the measure...the 3 bridges began construction and the first was completed in 2005 behind schedual and as a result cost more money than expected, which delayed the 2nd's completion and cost us more money..(just finished 2007)..so what did the state say..about the third..well we need to raise the toll rate, but wait...we will only raise it to conpensate for the cost difference and once we get back on track we will be able to lower it back down and rely on the measure "A" taxes and the money already there from the DMV funds....well 10 years later i am still paying that MEASURE "A" tax increase and the raised bridge toll, and the third bridge is STILL NOT COMPLETE and over budget at last est. 4 billion dollars.....(1.3 billion origional cost to build, over 5 billion current est. to complete) and it isnt even being currently worked on.....

now this is a very short version...there is a lot more involved in it..but you get the point....it takes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH...to gain what a lot of people fear is going to be TOOOOO LITTLE....

NCA
Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 PM

Trust me, I know. I live in the south bay.

I used to sit in on MTC and BART board meetings, and those alone would make you cry.

Back to the subject...

Our gov't is spending soooo much money on endless pork projects that benefit very few (known as campaign donors). Both big parties do this, and it's killing us. I won't get too political here, though.

Simple answer, yes it can be done. Realistic answer, it would only get done if the aforementioned campaign donors got a slice of the pie in the process.

garrett
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM

garrett...didnt even think to look....your a BAY BOY!!!!!!!!

so you really know how it is around here.....(not to down play anyone elses situation)...we got the HIGHEST PRICES for FUEL in the nation, the HIGHEST FORCLOSURE rate, and the HIGHEST COST OF LIVING (if i am not mistaken) in all the land......

boy....its hard work for me right now to keep the head above that merky bay water.....

and lets all top this thread off with a nice "how do you do....to 140 a barrel!!!!!!!!!!!"

nca