Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Is's here

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baja
Interesting point. I wonder what percentage of oil they buy at true "market price" vs. what they pull from U.S. soil.
from what i was able to find, it looks like the U.S. imports slightly over 60% of it's oil, so that leaves nearly 40% that's not being bought at 'market price'.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Bullet
LOL....... dude, that's FUNNY
Old 05-14-2008, 01:41 PM

In 2005, US avg. oil production was 7.61 million bbls/day. In the same period, we used 20.73 million bbls/day. Dunno how much of those 7.61MM bbls actually stay in the country.

Canada, KSA, Mexico, Venzuela and Nigeria provide another third (in order, by volume) of our oil. Then there's everyone else.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This URL shows what we export every day and it list the amount in thousands of barrels per day. Oh it does not list the amount of Bio we export to the EU every day.
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pe...0_mbblpd_m.htm
Old 05-14-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by austin1972
In 2005, US avg. oil production was 7.61 million bbls/day. In the same period, we used 20.73 million bbls/day. Dunno how much of those 7.61MM bbls actually stay in the country.

Canada, KSA, Mexico, Venzuela and Nigeria provide another third (in order, by volume) of our oil. Then there's everyone else.
i believe that most of the U.S. oil that leaves the country, goes to Canadian refineries. of the approx. 60% of the oil we import, about 45% is from opec countries- we import most of our oil from Canada and Mexico. the reason i mention this, is that along with the false claims about 'supply and demand', and 'limited refining capability', i also hear lots of rhetoric about us being 'held hostage' by opec, when in actuality we only import about 30% of our oil from opec countries.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Chapter President

I think everyone is worried about the rising cost of fuel. I do think there will be change when the "office" changes next year though. His family (the Pres.)makes their money in oil, why would he want to put a cap on that?!? Things will change because they will have to. It is inevitable. People can't afford to keep up with the rate things are going up. Sorry to get political
Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 89dieselkong
I think everyone is worried about the rising cost of fuel. I do think there will be change when the "office" changes next year though. His family (the Pres.)makes their money in oil, why would he want to put a cap on that?!? Things will change because they will have to. It is inevitable. People can't afford to keep up with the rate things are going up. Sorry to get political
i ABSOLUTELY don't want to bring in politics, but has anything changed since the dems took control of the house? no....... and other than suspending the fed fuel tax for the summer (hillary), and taxing the oil companies back to the stone age (obama), have either dem candidate put out any real comprehensive plans? no....... i wish it was as simple as electing 'the good guy' to the White House, but i haven't heard any real solutions from anyone running.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
has anything changed since the dems took control of the house?
Yes. Now the dems get to put their hands in the cookie jar too. Otherwise no, nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by chipmonk
and other than suspending the fed fuel tax for the summer (hillary), and taxing the oil companies back to the stone age (obama), have either dem candidate put out any real comprehensive plans? no....... i wish it was as simple as electing 'the good guy' to the White House, but i haven't heard any real solutions from anyone running.
Absolutely correct. None of the candidates are willing to help us. Although what the empty heads and bimbos on CNN/MSNBC/FOX haven't reported on is that some of our Senators actually are working hard to try and tackle the problem. Senators Ted Stevens and Lisa Murkowski recently proposed a bill to drill in ANWR, and also drill off our Atlantic and Pacific shorelines. Then today, the Senate blocked it.

I have no problem with devleoping new energy technologies to get off of oil dependence. One day, Dodge will probably be able to offer us a 3/4 or 1 Ton truck with the same or greater power and weight capacity as our current trucks, that use no oil and have zero emissions. But until that day arrives, they need to keep pumping oil. Restricting our access to oil doesn't solve the problem, it just creates further problems. Saying, "we're addicted to oil so we're cutting you off," is like saying, "we're addicted to breathing air so we're going to choke you." It's not like we have much choice to do anything else at the moment.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Is anybody starting to get seriously worried about this yet?

Well luckily that was the first station I saw at that price but yes I get physically sick to my stomach when I see this.

I am self employed here in Southern California and I find myself spending about $70.00 every other day just to go to work plus I am on call so sometimes I work 7 days a week.

For each job I check the mileage using my GPS and I have to add the price for the fuel to each job something I never used to do.

Most of my accounts I only bill once a month so paydays can be far and in between, the labor is not so bad but I have to carry the materials sometimes for a month and depending on the job can be 2 to 3 thousand dollars.

I do not use Credit or Debit cards and everything I own was paid for in cash including all of my fuel.

I saw this the other day when I was getting some fuel and I don’t remember seeing it before and I had to stop and do some math to see if I was getting what I was paying for, I am sure a lot of people get screwed and never checked it out, they are at the mercy of the guy hiding behind the glass.

Jim

Old 05-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

It's funny how "drilling in ANWR" is the silver bullet...Ohhh if we could only drill in ANWR, darn it...our fuel problems would be over... That's such BS. You know the only thing that drilling in ANWR would do is make Bush and Big Oil more money because they would be able to drill a lot easier. Then they would just export it to the highest bidder.

Surely you ANWR supporters don't really think that the price would come down. Please answer how that would happen. I'm not saying not to drill to save some Caribou or Polar Bears, I'm saying not to drill because it's a SCAM to make the rich richer.

Do you know that a barrel of US produced oil is usually about $5/per barrel less than the OPEC price, always. Why is that? You know over the past year the barrel price has shot up for really no reason, and the US produced barrel price went right up there with it. Big oil is absolutely loving it. They can blame the high prices on instability, old refineries, the Iraq War, the earthquake in China, locusts, days that end in Y, the sun rising in the east...etc. But it's really obvious what's going on. I can't wait to see Bush holding hands and dancing around with his good buddy's, the Saudi's again. Aren't they Muslim? He love's those guys. I think he's over there this week to tell them to boost production...yeah right.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:00 PM

Do you have a better idea?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Nope. But making it easier on big oil to make more money is insane.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM

i'm not going to blame any politician or political party, but i can't see drilling anywhere in the U.S. helping prices any. we have so much diesel that we're exporting millions of barrels to the rest of the world, and the refineries are having trouble getting rid of what they have, so it seems like we don't have supply issues. more domestic oil would definitely help the oil companies profits, as they would be selling this relatively cheap domestic oil (compared to having to import it) and the fuel that they make from it, at the rediculously high 'market price'. the only thing that would help us, is if this new domestic oil was kept in the U.S., which would almost certainly cause our prices to fall, and make us far less dependant on foreign oil.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by sdaly
Senators Ted Stevens and Lisa Murkowski recently proposed a bill to drill in ANWR, and also drill off our Atlantic and Pacific shorelines. Then today, the Senate blocked it.
I'm all for drilling so long as there's legislation that states the oil found must be refined and sold in the US. Oil is an unnatural monopoly where OPEC artificially controls supply. You'd think the WTO would grow a pair and go after them.

Quick Reply: Is's here