Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Hydrogen - 40 miles per gallon

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I emailed thermo1.

Here is the email:

I found your website and I was wondering what I could expect to get out of my dodge cummins diesel.

Is your product for sale? What gas mileage could I expect?

__________________________________________________ ___
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

As a policy we do not give quotes for expected mileage increases on specific vehicles. All we can tell you is what others have gotten in their vehicles. So I will give you a range.

In testing on a 05 Dodge Cummings diesel 5.9 liter turbo he achieved a 20+ % increase in mileage (no load). Same vehicle hauling a 18,000 pound trailer unfortunately showed only a slight increase. We believe that an additional system would be needed for large trucks that are primarily work vehicles, but one system is fine for normal driving with lighter loads

The same system installed in a 2006 Acura TL 3.2-liter went from 21 MPG to 45 MPG.

Pricing and ordering information can be found on the ‘Hydrogen Product’ page of the website You should also read the FAQ section on the website.

Regards,

Thermo1.com
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The web site was interesting the only problem while reading it my BS meter broke (just kidding). I don't believe the system could make enough Hydrogen but for giggles, pretend it could. Now since it's supplying 20% power on the truck (50% on the car) how does it allow you to idle. Wouldn't the engine run away since the throttle is controlling the diesel fuel and a Hydrogen/air mixture is still pouring in? I guess you would have a second throttle or somehow tie the hydrogen system into the truck throttle. And how does the hydrogen system add the proper amount of air to burn both fuels efficiently. Looks to me like it just dumps a hydrogen/air mixture in the intake manifold. The price of $699 is too steep for me. Even of they moved the decimal point 4 to 5 places to the left, I still wouldn't buy it.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The concept does work unloaded on my 05 which is about 9k I went from 17.5 to 22 on hwy at 60mph. That's running 4 home made cells. I plan on adding more cells to see if I can improve on that since like was said before I don't see any discernable change when loaded on the hwy or in town.