Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Fuel Check in your pickup by Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gunny
A few months ago at Lowes Motor Speedway, after a race, the Gestapo (Cops) took to checking motor homes. The best they could do was bust some folks for running biofuel in some cars. Seems they couldn't prove they had paid the road tax on it so that was the reason for the tickets.
Gunny, I'm not calling you a liar, but, let me get this straight. If someone has biodiesel in their tank, and they don't have a receipt for it, they get a ticket?

I fill up all the time, pay cash, and never get a receipt. I'm sure many people do the same.

Something don't sound right. How the heck does anyone know if biodiesel is store bought, or homebrew? As far as I know, there are no chemical markers in biodiesel. KD
Old 12-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Fuel Dye test

Guy lives down the road from me here in north ga...very rural setting. Runs several pieces of earth moving equipment such as pans, doziers, etc. He runs off road fuel in the equip, and has big storage tanks at the shop that are refilled regularly.

Bunch of guys hanging around the shop a while back, shooting the bull...you know the drill. Couple of REAL CUTE girls (young women) drive up in a state of ga SUV. No one saw the state logo on the doors.

They walked in and introduced themselves and then proceeded to check every diesel truck on the place...the ones that hauled the heavy equip, the owners personal trucks, AND EVERY PRIVATE TRUCK BELONGING TO THE GUYS HANGING AROUND. When some of them protested, (no need to, as they didn't find any infractions at all) they told them they would be glad to call and have them towed in...drop the tanks and inspect the inside of the tanks with a tell-tell light.

Needles to say all the guys complied, they didn't have anything to hide...it was just the principal that they were there...which is exactly why they were tested...they were there and had proximity to the off road fuel.

None of us had ever heard of this happening b4...and they haven't been back to that place.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno.. I doubt as well that they will ticket for biodiesel, much less even complain about it. I mean, who keeps fuel receipts? I know I dont.
When I set up my aux tanks I put them under the bed out of sight because I dont want the hassle. These days it seems they can cook up whatever laws they want regardless of how unpopular. I dont trust my govt (ESPECIALLY my state one). I dont run red fuel but I do run biodiesel.
It sounds like they have the authority to test your fuel, but I dont like the idea they can mess with my private property like this isnt america or something.
Wish I knew where to look up the law that grants them this authority so I can give them the bare minimum the law requires and no more.
Id also think its not just state agencies doing this but the feds too. Anyone know?
Old 12-25-2007, 07:40 PM

wouldnt it be wrong to randomly check ur tank thats like them asking im searching ur truck for drugs. i think they would need warent to dip

me i would fight it