Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

bio performance-fact or scam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bio performance-fact or scam?

Anybody hear of bio performance fuel additive? Meet a guy today claiming it increased his mileage by 4 mpg. Hard to believe anyone else used it?
Input on the matter and how it works would be nice. Sounds like a scam. Here is a website I found

http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:BioPerformance_Fuel
Old 04-03-2006, 10:21 PM

Talking

Love your signature!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 PM

????

I have not used bioperformance or anything like it but I was intrigued with what they had to say on their website. I did read the test reports from the ISO9000 certified test labs and they looked good. The site also stated that they meet the ASTM standard for fuels. Now I am not saying that this stuff will work like they say but it makes one wonder. If this bioperformance does drop the flashpoint and allow for a cleaner burn then it should increase performance. I hope that someone on here gives this stuff a try and reports back on it. The thing that I don’t like is that it costs $75 a bottle just to try it. They should provide some free samples to prove that it works!

John
Old 04-04-2006, 12:30 PM

Remember the old addage: If it sounds too good to be true.......

And if you notice this is multilevel marketing. What they are really selling is people. The more they sign up, the more they make. If this product had real value, particularly in today's high cost energy market, don't you think we would be hearing more about it from legitimate independent sources? Of course it's a con!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:27 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dan1912
Anybody hear of bio performance fuel additive? Meet a guy today claiming it increased his mileage by 4 mpg. Hard to believe anyone else used it?
Input on the matter and how it works would be nice. Sounds like a scam. Here is a website I found

http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:BioPerformance_Fuel
Yeah right. A "pill" in the tank of a Hummer and a 27% improvement in mileage. What a crock. Sounds like the fuel line magnet story but with a big marketing game. Maybe they can show some proof instead of "testamonials"

Wetspirit
Old 04-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I know it is generally a pyramid scheme. The product that they pitch does exist though. A good friend has bought into their plan and is testing the product right now in his 02 Duramax.

You can either buy the product or you can join and sell the product.

I will let you guys know if my friend gets any better mileage with it. His brother-in-law is using it right now in his 04 Duramax and claiming 2-3 MPG better. I'll wait to here from my friend as he isn't a BS'er...if it works he will tell me so. If it doesn't he will also tell me.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:35 PM

Scam?

The main reason that one would think this bioperformance is a scam is becasue it takes a $75 order to get any product. If they truely felt that this product worked and was as good as they say they would be offering free samples to gain a strong coustomer base.

As I stated I don't really belive their claims but they sure have some interesting test results from ISO9000 labs. The one thing that they do not tell you is how the test was preformed or the condition of the car. Now only that we all know that if you take an old gasser replace the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, air up the tires correctly ect... you can see some excellent gains especialy if one of the items listed above was shot (pluged filter or fouled plug). If it was not for the $75 buy-in I would give them things a shot.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:46 PM

Again, buyer beware. Those "testimonials", even if they are from someone's brother in law cannot be relied upon. First, people who have spent the money are invested in believing they have not spent foolishly. Others have a financial interest in having us believe the claims are true. True research involves a great deal of care to be sure what is being researched is done following a scientific method. There are "labs" for hire which will--for a price--be sure they find what they are paid to find.
To be polite, it's all bovine byproducts.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:56 PM

Question

If given some free samples would you put this bioperformance stuff in your truck?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the title to this thread: bio performance-fact or scam?

I think the answer to that question is "both", as in yes, it is in fact a scam.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 PM

im using it in mine and it does preform better. its in my lincoln welder and it even sounds better.

Last edited by wannadiesel; 04-12-2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: ad removed