Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

bio banned in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stupid media always trying to confuse ppl
http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/...2biography.htm

"In fact, what happened was that 110 counties around Houston, San Antonio and Dallas failed to meet the Texas Low-Emission Diesel standards, or TexLED. The state requires a reduction in NOx - nitrogen oxides - emissions of 5.8 percent. Biodiesel, however, increases NOx emissions.

This meant that all but one of the mixtures in use in the eastern half of Texas was no longer allowed. According to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, that mixture is from supplier Biodiesel Industries Inc. of Dallas-Fort Worth. All retailers had until Jan. 31 to sell off what was in their tanks and replace it with an approved mixture."
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM

i got my first 10 gallons of WVO today. i need to finish assembling my appleseed and get going.

i agree with Derek, thats whack how they worded that (original site) to make it as if it was banned.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What? How the heck does bioDiesel increase NOx?

It increases NOx because it is less energetic so you have to burn more, I guess. Nothing that can't be solved with engines' timing parameters set to run around it.

I want to see whatever scientific report was being read by the legislature that decided to do this. Outlawing bioDiesel would be 10 times worse then when they outlawed hemp production because the Nylon industry convinced Congress that run-of-the-mill hemp was marijuana.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1

I want to see whatever scientific report was being read by the legislature that decided to do this. Outlawing bioDiesel would be 10 times worse then when they outlawed hemp production because the Nylon industry convinced Congress that run-of-the-mill hemp was marijuana.
Haven't you figured it out...They make up their own reports...
Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 AM

EPA snots

wonder what they would think of burning mexican diesel fuel in our CTD?
Shhhhhhhh!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:46 AM

So this is completely off the BIO subject, but I heard on the radio the other day that the EPA is going to start regulating how much DUST we throw up when we are plowing a field or even driving down a dirt road...They even said if we got caught throwing up dust driving down a dirt road it would be like a $500 fine!!! Someone tell me how to drive down a dirt road without throwing up dust?!?!
Old 12-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ratat98
Someone tell me how to drive down a dirt road without throwing up dust?!?!
I'm pretty sure that spinning your tires for half a mile straight isn't the way to do it...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ratat98
Someone tell me how to drive down a dirt road without throwing up dust?!?!
First you cover the road with silly politicians..........
Old 12-16-2006, 01:39 PM

Dirt Cops have been around for quite some time.....they are mostly after farms that leave dirt exposed...like tater an sweet beet farms...since they don't use cover crops the soil is left exposed to the elements an are blown an washed away...they are also enforcing soil erosion on farms and roads, were no one has done anything to prevent erosion...Don't blame them considering some of the things I have seen...Another thing, this war is costing a fortune, so a lot of funding isn't there anymore so how do you get money...Start enforcing all the laws and fining those that break the laws......
Old 12-16-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Dirt Cops have been around for quite some time.....they are mostly after farms that leave dirt exposed...like tater an sweet beet farms...since they don't use cover crops the soil is left exposed to the elements an are blown an washed away...they are also enforcing soil erosion on farms and roads, were no one has done anything to prevent erosion...Don't blame them considering some of the things I have seen...Another thing, this war is costing a fortune, so a lot of funding isn't there anymore so how do you get money...Start enforcing all the laws and fining those that break the laws......
Yeah I guess I hadn't thought about erosion.. There are some pretty sloppy looking fields around here that need some help or they are going to blow away..this drought has been hard on a lot of people
Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dirt Police in the heartland?!

- it sounds so.... FRENCH
Old 12-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
Guys, don't let this get political.
I hear ya, but im willing to bet that's exactly what it comes down to.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned

What state uses the most biodiesel?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by daysel
What state uses the most biodiesel?
That is a really good question. Here in Oregon it seems everyone local uses bio-diesel from local disturbers and home brew. It is almost impossible to get WVO for free here due to everyones wants it.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Another thing, this war is costing a fortune, so a lot of funding isn't there anymore so how do you get money........
....crank up the presses and print more of it. That's how they really get it.

Quick Reply: bio banned in Texas