Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

#2 fuel oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Woodrat, don't know if you can do it with boats but I do exactly what you said with farm use gasoline, get the tax back at the end of the year.
In Montana, and in Wash when I used to farm there, the requirement was an up to minute accurate logbook that states where the fuel was used open to inspection at any time, all your receipts from station gas or a meter on your farm tank with log.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm only 40 min. from the ocean. All the diesel boats run #2 fuel oil. That's what they sell at the port. I'm not sure about the gasoline, but it seems to me the prices were much higher at the port on the gasoline than the gas stations on the road.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TIMMY22
I'm not sure about the gasoline, but it seems to me the prices were much higher at the port on the gasoline than the gas stations on the road.
That's a function of supply and demand. A marina has you over a barrel - buy their fuel or do without. With no competition, they can set their prices wherever they want.

Rusty
Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, marina prices aren't very reflective of the usual market prices.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:58 PM

I didn't realize DPS could swab your tailpipe and detect red dye residue.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by woodrat
oh, and if one wants to complain that some aren't paying fair share for road tax, maybe those of us who buy pump gas for chainsaws and boats and ATVs and so forth should start filing the paperwork to get BACK the taxes we've wrongly paid on pump gas that never made it out onto the road. In a boat-busy summer, I put hundreds of dollars of pump gas, tax and all, into my boat and I don't do much whining about how unfair it is that i am paying road tax for my boat fuel.

i find the whole riff about how evil tax dodgers are to be pretty tiresome, as you can tell. There never seems to be a shortage of money to be constantly tearing up and reconstructing road surfaces and running huge widening projects everywhere.

Rant over, carry on!
I love you man

Never really thought about all the taxed gasoline I have purchased over the years that never made to a public road. Just remember, PROPANE IS NOT TAXED for road use.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM

between my portable sawmill, chainsaws, generators, portable compressor, off road truck use and all the boats, I have paid a LOT of road tax on gas that was never burned on the road.

I'm actually thinking of keeping all the boat gas receipts this year and trying to get the road tax back.