Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$4.00 plus a gallon!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$4.00 plus a gallon!!!!!

How long till the truckers go on strike?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM

There aren't many owner operators anymore. Most drivers work for a trucking co. and the added cost will be passed on to the customer.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM
SCC

It sucks that we are getting penalized for efficiency...My friend works at a gas station as the manager and we were talking about why Diesel was so expensive, it seems counterintuitive since it takes less energy to refine crude oil to diesel then it does to petroleum/gasoline. He said that the main reason for expense is because the majority of the diesels out there like ours or Benz, VW, etc. get quite a bit higher mileage then their gasser counterparts...and therefore we get higher fuel prices to try and even it out....this blows! You would think we would get rewarded for efficiency not the other way around.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Don`t know about a strike but my older brother is a OTR trucker, he just changed jobs because his old place of employment seems like it`s going belly up (cutting benefits, little to no work). It`s a shame because he REALLY liked working for this guy, he also feels VERY lucky to have found another job so easily.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:01 PM

Diesel is a primary fuel and gasoline is secondary.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM

Diesel has been $4.19 /gallon around here for a week already......
Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SCC
It sucks that we are getting penalized for efficiency...My friend works at a gas station as the manager and we were talking about why Diesel was so expensive, it seems counterintuitive since it takes less energy to refine crude oil to diesel then it does to petroleum/gasoline. He said that the main reason for expense is because the majority of the diesels out there like ours or Benz, VW, etc. get quite a bit higher mileage then their gasser counterparts...and therefore we get higher fuel prices to try and even it out....this blows! You would think we would get rewarded for efficiency not the other way around.
I thinks it's pretty awesome that your friend believes this.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM

huntr, which part of PA are you in? It was 4.09 a few days ago around here, but I havn't looked at the signs lately (makes me sick when I do)
Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 PM

guy up here in canada where i live diesel is $1.35 liter not sure what that is per gallon but i do know that it cost me $147 dollars fill my truck tonight when my fuel light just came on ....
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 PM

I haven't driven my truck in 12 days now. Just using the little VW Jetta TDI.

I'm now wishing I didn't purchase my new 08 C&C that is coming in sometime next week. That truck too, will be sitting most of the time till the summer.

I'm an down to my last 12 cigars, after that I won't be buying any more.
Mac & Cheese and Raman noodles will be the main staple in the house very soon.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Chapter President

I like listening to the news when they talk about filling up their gassers and how much it's hurting at the pump....they seem oblivious to the fact that diesel is what 60 cents higher than gas....and what does diesel do?? Power farm equipment, ships, trucks. Yeah, it's getting pretty crazy, something like 3.82 around here. Everytime I drive past the stations on the way home from work seems like diesel has gone up another 10 cents. Keeps on going I see some hard times ahead for all. Can anybody say Anwar??
Old 03-12-2008, 11:02 PM

yeah, its unbelievable, i heard that there is a government problem w/ diesel and thats why it is high, no idea?, but most of the cost of diesel is the included road taxes, the govt assumes that every diesel vehicle is a semi and that it wears the roads too much, they should have a regular diesel pump that is for the under 10,000 lb vehicles w/ a lower cost. same thing with the offroad diesel, thats why that didnt go up much, i know guys that are runnung off road fuel and clean their fuel necks after every fill up, im to cautious about doing that but i guess they are making out better than the rest of us!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Its up to $3.95 a gallon here. It has been going up 5 cents a gallon about every day for the last week now. It really hurts when a half tank costs $70. I cut back on my driving quite a bit by atleast half. Now I kind of wish I hadn't sold my gasser pickup 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:01 AM

On my way for wings tonight saw the price at the station, $1.189/L, which works out to $4.50/gallon. Hurray!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by fmxr47
yeah, its unbelievable, i heard that there is a government problem w/ diesel and thats why it is high, no idea?, but most of the cost of diesel is the included road taxes, the govt assumes that every diesel vehicle is a semi and that it wears the roads too much, they should have a regular diesel pump that is for the under 10,000 lb vehicles w/ a lower cost. same thing with the offroad diesel, thats why that didnt go up much, i know guys that are runnung off road fuel and clean their fuel necks after every fill up, im to cautious about doing that but i guess they are making out better than the rest of us!
Dude, off road fuel goes up the same increments as on road fuel. It just doenst have the road taxes. i should know I buy 2000 gallons a month of off road fuel. Plus they dont check fuel necks - they dip the tank or swab the exhaust...it amazes me how much B.S. is out there.

Quick Reply: $4.00 plus a gallon!!!!!