Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   $ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/%24-285-000-worth-diesel-stolen-207980/)

Jason_K 06-14-2008 10:22 AM

all this emission bs does lessen the demand either considering all the newer diesels are a lot less fuel efficient

infidel 06-14-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by smoke19D (Post 2116011)
all this emission bs does lessen the demand either considering all the newer diesels are a lot less fuel efficient

Not really because with the new clean fuel that meets US emissions regulations it allows diesel engines to be put in passenger cars that get a lot better mileage than their gasser equivalents.
In Europe where fuel prices are high and people look for the best mpgs over half the passenger cars are diesels.
Problem is I wonder if diesel car sales in the US will be down when folks look at the higher than gas diesel fuel prices without doing the mpg math to find out they come out ahead with a diesel.

Haulin_in_Dixie 06-14-2008 10:55 PM

everyone, news media, everyone is always talking about how expensive fuel is in Europe. This is not true exactly, fuel costs no more but the taxes are up near 100%. Europeans are paying their government the big fees. If we don't watch it that will be the case here also.

Haulin_in_Dixie 06-14-2008 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by infidel (Post 2116309)
Not really because with the new clean fuel that meets US emissions regulations it allows diesel engines to be put in passenger cars that get a lot better mileage than their gasser equivalents.
In Europe where fuel prices are high and people look for the best mpgs over half the passenger cars are diesels.
Problem is I wonder if diesel car sales in the US will be down when folks look at the higher than gas diesel fuel prices without doing the mpg math to find out they come out ahead with a diesel.

In Germany in the mid 60's most were diesel, in England at the same time it was more like 80 or 90%

desertchecker 06-14-2008 11:14 PM

$285,000 in diesel stolen

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114145)
Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett

garbri...... sounds like your educated on this topic

did you read something that informed you re: oil prices ?

Please share ........... I feel your pain............ [coffee]

have you read about & understand the true source of oil prices , & where the oil prices will go from this point forward .............. ? ?

be great to have you explain the bill that republicans purposed in this country RE : off shore & alaska drilling in the states well over 8 years ago ?

perhaps you know or read about that bill ?

it's the same bill that the democrats and Bill Clinton defeated during his term of office RE: off shore & alaska drilling in this country.

have you read about who was behind this veto and why ?

what's your understanding regarding the source of oil prices ?

& any ideas , solutions, & time element for correction ?

I have many ideas here is a few .....

1) drive less, drive slower, implement strategies to reduce fuel consumption

2) increase exploration & drilling in this country ASAP , including but not limited to drilling off shore & oil rich parts of alaska we are currently not drilling

3) stop letting the 2% of our population the extreme elite , sierra club , green peace biological diversity group , save the planet , etc. control ,manipulate , & bully our state & federal officials