Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   $ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/%24-285-000-worth-diesel-stolen-207980/)

desertchecker 06-12-2008 09:58 AM

$ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California thieves have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment. [nonono]

this is an epidemic in that farm area right now :(

a year ago = 2.69 gal #2 now 5.49 # 2 :o

it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel. [verymad]

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies

jjoiner 06-12-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker (Post 2114031)
it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel. [verymad]

diesel is cheaper to refine then gas

although the low sulfer that we are forced to run now does add to the cost of refinement

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude hits the ground due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies , etc etc

we need to get this up & going asap , if we keep depending on these other 3rd world countries for our fuel supplies this rising cost factor is going to continue escalating [duhhh]

^^^^^^AMEN^^^^^^

jjoiner 06-12-2008 10:17 AM

I do feel for all the farmers. I've got some friends that farm around here, luckaly diesel theft here hasn't gotten like that. They have enough problems with the lack of rain this year!!!

TAS 06-12-2008 10:48 AM

It's only a matter of time before someone takes a tanker truck at gun point.

shineboy2 06-12-2008 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TAS (Post 2114071)

Exactly right. Dad got fuel for the farm tank yesterday... $1700 for 400 gal. ***?!?

Dodgezilla 06-12-2008 11:38 AM

The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...

cincydiesel 06-12-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla (Post 2114109)
The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...

We park our trucks inside the building every night for that very reason.

dodgeduner 06-12-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by TAS (Post 2114071)

Let me know when I need 85 gal in my truck.

MikeyB 06-12-2008 11:56 AM

Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB

dodgeduner 06-12-2008 12:09 PM

I think its bs that they steal from the farmers. They feed the country and there going broke doing it and some thief is taking their fuel. I would be guarding my fuel with my shotgun and using thief pieces for fertilizer.

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 2114128)
Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB

garbri 06-12-2008 12:14 PM

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies

Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett

austin1972 06-12-2008 02:48 PM

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California theifs have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment.

Just about enough to fill my tank a couple times.[dummy]

Clayten 06-12-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114145)
Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett

I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.

ChrisLib 06-12-2008 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Clayten (Post 2114304)
I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.

who were given free reign by congress [verymad][verymad][verymad]

garbri 06-12-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib (Post 2114371)
who were given free reign by congress [verymad][verymad][verymad]

Congress tried to put the reigns on this on Tuesday.

Look who sponsored the bill, look who killed it. It almost makes me want to vote for the Dems in November.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...Emailed:Travel

I'm not 100% in agreement about the taxing, but opening the door for anti-trust suits made the bill worthwhile.

garrett

MikeyB 06-12-2008 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114436)

Look who sponsored the bill, look who killed it. It almost makes me want to vote for the Dems in November.

I'm not 100% in agreement about the taxing, but opening the door for anti-trust suits made the bill worthwhile.

garrett

They did it once and it didn't work. And this time around they will raise the consumer prices to cover the extra tax.

Also ironic that the big hedge fund groups that are behind the rise in energy prices are also stuffing the democratic coffers.

MikeyB

garbri 06-12-2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 2114462)
Also ironic that the big hedge fund groups that are behind the rise in energy prices are also stuffing the democratic coffers.

Source for this info?

Crobar 06-12-2008 06:56 PM

Don't forget the value of the US dollar has fallen. Canadian dollar is worth nearly the same as a US dollar.
Big reason fuel was so cheap for so long in the US was the strength of the Greenback.

sdaly 06-12-2008 07:00 PM

garrett

"Senate Republicans block Democrats' attempt to impose windfall profits tax on oil companies"

I don't understand how a "windfall profits tax" helps you and me. All a windfall tax does is to ensure the politicians get a cut of this plunder upon the American people. If the Dems really cared about us, they would push a bill not for a windfall tax, but rather for a windfall refund back to the American people.

RAMUK 06-12-2008 07:28 PM

You are not the only people who are hurting - many would say you are actually doing comparatively well!

I just filled up at £1.40 a litre, which is £6.37 a gallon. At the current exchange rate that is $12.62 a gallon in US dollars.

A big difference is that in the US you pay 11% tax on diesel, whereas we pay a stagerring 70% here in the UK.

Truckers all over Europe are striking in protest at fuel prices. Unbelievably, two truckers were killed yesterday on the picket line - see here
http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jun2...8-06-11-02.asp

I hope things don't get so bad over there...

Mr Bee 06-12-2008 08:49 PM

Simple supply and demand... One thing to consider... The price is high because of the de valued dollar, also the speculators. So, start drilling tomorrow, and the price will drop. We have the oil to flood the world market let alone be self suffiicent. Once that happens and oil trades at $25 a barrel then I am guessing that all of those OPEC terriost supporting nations that have oil would not be supported by our hard earned dollars, and they can develop vehicles that run on sand!

~Angry Tractor~ 06-12-2008 09:14 PM

Drilling here sounds like a good idea, but I wonder if it would make oil any cheaper. The greed that drives the profit will stay there. They have already got prices where they want them so if they are getting it in their back yard why would they lower the price? I think we are screwed either way.

Congrats to the U.K. for protesting so vehemently. I sure wish we had the brass to protest like that.

ChrisM55 06-12-2008 09:20 PM

this is not supply and demand!The demand has not risen 20% or more in a year it is pure greed and it will be the cause of the collapse of the economy on a global scale. We are seeing the affects all over and it is not getting any better!!

Chris

MikeyB 06-12-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114468)
Source for this info?

I read it on Bloomberg but Google search 'hedge fund democrats'. Lots of reading....

MikeyB

matego 06-13-2008 12:48 AM

Am I the only one that sees the silver lining to this cloud? Finally we are looking at alternative sources of energy and hopefully will in my lifetime become totally independent of foreign influences. The only reason the terrorists have any money is from oil money. Once we suck all their precious black gold from their desert they will have nothing. They can sit there and slap each other with Chinese flyswatters all day long and no longer bother us. Our country is great.... the best on this planet and we let these little wanna-be countries dictate us. I truly hope this is part of some "Master Plan" and we just need to weather the storm a little longer until we reach energy freedom.

patdaly 06-13-2008 08:34 AM

garrett

Not to get political, but the way I read that, the anti-trust suits would be for companies in OPEC nations.

Good luck suing them. I foresee a real supply crunch if you try that.

Do not fret yourself, now that the Chinese are drilling our Continental shelf, the supply will increase.............[duhhh][duhhh][duhhh]

UK Ram, some of us are ready for armed intervention, it is long overdue.

rant off.

xtoyz17 06-13-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RAMUK (Post 2114517)
You are not the only people who are hurting - many would say you are actually doing comparatively well!

I just filled up at £1.40 a litre, which is £6.37 a gallon. At the current exchange rate that is $12.62 a gallon in US dollars.

A big difference is that in the US you pay 11% tax on diesel, whereas we pay a stagerring 70% here in the UK.

Truckers all over Europe are striking in protest at fuel prices. Unbelievably, two truckers were killed yesterday on the picket line - see here
http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jun2...8-06-11-02.asp

I hope things don't get so bad over there...

No disrespect, but when we start paying for global health care or whatever you'd like to call it, then it will be a fair comparison.

Your 70% tax means you pay 8.83 in taxes or 3.786 for fuel if a price per gallon actually converts to 12.62.

Our 11% tax (which is actually less than what I know we pay for taxes in NY) means I'm paying 5.25 per gallon which breaks down to .58 in taxes and 4.67 for fuel.

ChrisLib 06-13-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisM55 (Post 2114644)
this is not supply and demand!The demand has not risen 20% or more in a year it is pure greed and it will be the cause of the collapse of the economy on a global scale. We are seeing the affects all over and it is not getting any better!!

Chris

Something I have thought of as well. If the Global economy tanks and EVERYONE is in the same leaky boat.....what happens then???

Tejasdge 06-13-2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib (Post 2115393)
Something I have thought of as well. If the Global economy tanks and EVERYONE is in the same leaky boat.....what happens then???

History tends to indicate that a major world war is what finally gets the world economy rolling. I hope and pray that it doesn't get to that point or that the world leaders don't fall into that trap again.:(

Please note: These are just the ramblings of someone with few college semesters of history and a strange attraction to the History Channel.[redface] I would love to be wrong.

Haulin_in_Dixie 06-14-2008 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 2114462)

MikeyB

Yes and he has a name.... Soros. Ramuk should be familiar with his dealings, he crashed the British Pound in the ninetys.

Learn that name guys.... He will break America. Look into it.

Jason_K 06-14-2008 10:22 AM

all this emission bs does lessen the demand either considering all the newer diesels are a lot less fuel efficient

infidel 06-14-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by smoke19D (Post 2116011)
all this emission bs does lessen the demand either considering all the newer diesels are a lot less fuel efficient

Not really because with the new clean fuel that meets US emissions regulations it allows diesel engines to be put in passenger cars that get a lot better mileage than their gasser equivalents.
In Europe where fuel prices are high and people look for the best mpgs over half the passenger cars are diesels.
Problem is I wonder if diesel car sales in the US will be down when folks look at the higher than gas diesel fuel prices without doing the mpg math to find out they come out ahead with a diesel.

Haulin_in_Dixie 06-14-2008 10:55 PM

everyone, news media, everyone is always talking about how expensive fuel is in Europe. This is not true exactly, fuel costs no more but the taxes are up near 100%. Europeans are paying their government the big fees. If we don't watch it that will be the case here also.

Haulin_in_Dixie 06-14-2008 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by infidel (Post 2116309)
Not really because with the new clean fuel that meets US emissions regulations it allows diesel engines to be put in passenger cars that get a lot better mileage than their gasser equivalents.
In Europe where fuel prices are high and people look for the best mpgs over half the passenger cars are diesels.
Problem is I wonder if diesel car sales in the US will be down when folks look at the higher than gas diesel fuel prices without doing the mpg math to find out they come out ahead with a diesel.

In Germany in the mid 60's most were diesel, in England at the same time it was more like 80 or 90%

desertchecker 06-14-2008 11:14 PM

$285,000 in diesel stolen

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114145)

garrett

garbri...... sounds like your educated on this topic

did you read something that informed you re: oil prices ?

Please share ........... I feel your pain............ [coffee]

have you read about & understand the true source of oil prices , & where the oil prices will go from this point forward .............. ? ?

be great to have you explain the bill that republicans purposed in this country RE : off shore & alaska drilling in the states well over 8 years ago ?

perhaps you know or read about that bill ?

it's the same bill that the democrats and Bill Clinton defeated during his term of office RE: off shore & alaska drilling in this country.

have you read about who was behind this veto and why ?

what's your understanding regarding the source of oil prices ?

& any ideas , solutions, & time element for correction ?

I have many ideas here is a few .....

1) drive less, drive slower, implement strategies to reduce fuel consumption

2) increase exploration & drilling in this country ASAP , including but not limited to drilling off shore & oil rich parts of alaska we are currently not drilling

3) stop letting the 2% of our population the extreme elite , sierra club , green peace biological diversity group , save the planet , etc. control ,manipulate , & bully our state & federal officials