Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/)
-   -   $ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fuels-biodiesel-diesel-prices-110/%24-285-000-worth-diesel-stolen-207980/)

desertchecker 06-12-2008 09:58 AM

$ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California thieves have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment. [nonono]

this is an epidemic in that farm area right now :(

a year ago = 2.69 gal #2 now 5.49 # 2 :o

it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel. [verymad]

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies

jjoiner 06-12-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker (Post 2114031)
it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel. [verymad]

diesel is cheaper to refine then gas

although the low sulfer that we are forced to run now does add to the cost of refinement

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude hits the ground due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies , etc etc

we need to get this up & going asap , if we keep depending on these other 3rd world countries for our fuel supplies this rising cost factor is going to continue escalating [duhhh]

^^^^^^AMEN^^^^^^

jjoiner 06-12-2008 10:17 AM

I do feel for all the farmers. I've got some friends that farm around here, luckaly diesel theft here hasn't gotten like that. They have enough problems with the lack of rain this year!!!

TAS 06-12-2008 10:48 AM

It's only a matter of time before someone takes a tanker truck at gun point.

shineboy2 06-12-2008 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TAS (Post 2114071)

Exactly right. Dad got fuel for the farm tank yesterday... $1700 for 400 gal. ***?!?

Dodgezilla 06-12-2008 11:38 AM

The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...

cincydiesel 06-12-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla (Post 2114109)
The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...

We park our trucks inside the building every night for that very reason.

dodgeduner 06-12-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by TAS (Post 2114071)

Let me know when I need 85 gal in my truck.

MikeyB 06-12-2008 11:56 AM

Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB

dodgeduner 06-12-2008 12:09 PM

I think its bs that they steal from the farmers. They feed the country and there going broke doing it and some thief is taking their fuel. I would be guarding my fuel with my shotgun and using thief pieces for fertilizer.

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 2114128)
Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB

garbri 06-12-2008 12:14 PM

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies

Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett

austin1972 06-12-2008 02:48 PM

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California theifs have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment.

Just about enough to fill my tank a couple times.[dummy]

Clayten 06-12-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by garbri (Post 2114145)
Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett

I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.

ChrisLib 06-12-2008 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Clayten (Post 2114304)
I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.

who were given free reign by congress [verymad][verymad][verymad]

garbri 06-12-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib (Post 2114371)
who were given free reign by congress [verymad][verymad][verymad]

Congress tried to put the reigns on this on Tuesday.

Look who sponsored the bill, look who killed it. It almost makes me want to vote for the Dems in November.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...Emailed:Travel

I'm not 100% in agreement about the taxing, but opening the door for anti-trust suits made the bill worthwhile.

garrett