Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California thieves have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment.

this is an epidemic in that farm area right now

a year ago = 2.69 gal #2 now 5.49 # 2

it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel.

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by desertchecker
it's stupid that the 2 % of the population = elite liberals , green peace , sierra club , diane feinstein , barbara boxer etc etc can have such an impact on the cost of fuel.

diesel is cheaper to refine then gas

although the low sulfer that we are forced to run now does add to the cost of refinement

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude hits the ground due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies , etc etc

we need to get this up & going asap , if we keep depending on these other 3rd world countries for our fuel supplies this rising cost factor is going to continue escalating

^^^^^^AMEN^^^^^^
Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 AM

I do feel for all the farmers. I've got some friends that farm around here, luckaly diesel theft here hasn't gotten like that. They have enough problems with the lack of rain this year!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 AM
TAS

It's only a matter of time before someone takes a tanker truck at gun point.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TAS

Exactly right. Dad got fuel for the farm tank yesterday... $1700 for 400 gal. ***?!?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM

The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...
Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
The business I manage also does Budget truck rentals. We have been having fuel siphoned out of our trucks quite often over the past couple months. We are looking for a new warehouse so installing a video system is out of the question. Until we move we will just have to keep dealing with this issue...
We park our trucks inside the building every night for that very reason.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by TAS
Let me know when I need 85 gal in my truck.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB
Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 PM

I think its bs that they steal from the farmers. They feed the country and there going broke doing it and some thief is taking their fuel. I would be guarding my fuel with my shotgun and using thief pieces for fertilizer.

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Heard on the news that some of the farmers are filling up the tanks with water and crud to sabotage the thieves.

MikeyB
Old 06-12-2008, 12:14 PM

time to start drilling off shore & in alaska , only problem is it will take 10 years before the first barrel of crude ever hits the ground , due to the time it takes to get the permits & enviro impact studies
Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett
Old 06-12-2008, 02:48 PM

In the first 5 months of this year in Bakersfield California theifs have ripped off $ 285,000 worth of diesel fuel supplies from the diesel tanks that farmers store outside & use to fuel the farm equipment.
Just about enough to fill my tank a couple times.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by garbri
Do you truly understand the source of the oil prices? Do some reading on the subject if you want to inform yourself.

garrett
I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Clayten
I agree lets point the blame where it is deserved. Speculators and investment banks.
who were given free reign by congress
Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib
who were given free reign by congress
Congress tried to put the reigns on this on Tuesday.

Look who sponsored the bill, look who killed it. It almost makes me want to vote for the Dems in November.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...Emailed:Travel

I'm not 100% in agreement about the taxing, but opening the door for anti-trust suits made the bill worthwhile.

garrett

Quick Reply: $ 285,000 worth of diesel stolen