Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   FLDTR #23 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fldtr-23-131/)
-   -   New to FL DTR (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fldtr-23-131/new-fl-dtr-268614/)

TKC2000 04-22-2010 10:13 PM

New to FL DTR

Hey guys, moving to Tampa area from Southern Maryland. I was an active member with the MD DTR club and hope to keep that up here in FL. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale and still have family there. I will be working for NOAA flying on the hurricane hunters out of MacDill AFB.

I recently had an accident with my truck and then a major rebuild. Was wondering if anybody knows of a good body shop for paint and some minor dents.

TKC2000 09-06-2010 11:01 PM

any members in the Tampa area?

glocklove 09-09-2010 07:20 AM

Does not seem to be to many members who post or who are active with DTR. As you can tell by the post in the chapter, however there is more talk on Cummins Forum.com in the Fl. chapter section there.

JIT 10-24-2010 08:40 PM

Agreed... cummins forum or afterhoursdiesel.com

BTW I am in tampa

ziggy 01-12-2011 07:46 PM

I would love to see something actually happen somewhere around the central florida area

LeviMXUSMC 01-20-2011 10:39 AM

Well I am here in north west FL above Pensacola. I did not now there was a FL DTR. I plan on making a trip to the SUN Coast shop soon In Fort Walton Beach. We need more FL Diesel readers on here..

firestorm 02-08-2011 11:50 AM

I just got active again, after getting back into a diesel. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a meet and greet, in the Orlando or Ocala area. We did it years ago, and had a good time with it. Nothing fancy, big parking lot with a fast food joint within walking distance. A chance to meet each other, and admire / question trucks and accessories. Any ideas?

LeviMXUSMC 02-08-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by firestorm (Post 2920795)
I just got active again, after getting back into a diesel. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a meet and greet, in the Orlando or Ocala area. We did it years ago, and had a good time with it. Nothing fancy, big parking lot with a fast food joint within walking distance. A chance to meet each other, and admire / question trucks and accessories. Any ideas?

I am up here in Pensacola and I think I am due for a bit of a road trip. Sounds like a great idea. If we can get more FL or any DTR members to get some thing going I am in.

firestorm 02-08-2011 12:56 PM

If there is enough interested folks, i will scope places out for a big enough spot. If a lot are interested, I will contact the local Cummins dealer, and see if they would be interested in hosting it.

ziggy 02-08-2011 01:01 PM

I'm game.. and my vote would be Orlando!

bill50cal 02-08-2011 05:29 PM

might be interested also. I am here Nov to mid April. 35 + years building trannys now semi retired and was a suncoast dealer (good stuff) spend the rest of the year in the mountains of north east Tenn.

LeviMXUSMC 02-08-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by bill50cal (Post 2920960)
might be interested also. I am here Nov to mid April. 35 + years building trannys now semi retired and was a suncoast dealer (good stuff) spend the rest of the year in the mountains of north east Tenn.

Well hell. I can use some good advise to to upgrade my tranny on a budget. We have a good frend there in that area and our god-doughter is around there as well may be they can put us up if we shoot down that way if this event can get kicked off. I can got to the Sun Coast shop right down the road and see what they can offer if we get a turn out for this. We can shoot an invite to south Alabma chapters as well. I can contact the local Marine office there and see what they have.....[guitar]