Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   FLDTR #23 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fldtr-23-131/)
-   -   Is Anyone Alive Over Here? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/fldtr-23-131/anyone-alive-over-here-286057/)

CoastalDav 02-24-2011 07:58 PM

Is Anyone Alive Over Here?

No one has posted anything here is a long time. Whats everyone doing?

Any plans for outings or anything else?

Dave
Melbourne, Fl

LeviMXUSMC 02-28-2011 06:31 PM

I heard something about some one trying to put on a meet and great down south and haven't heard anything since. I am in Pensacola and am about to try and see if I can orginize something here or in AL and see if Sun Coast can show up....

firestorm 02-28-2011 07:06 PM

I've been busy trying to get my truck ready for a summer road trip. Is there anybody else in the Central Fl area?

LeviMXUSMC 02-28-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by firestorm (Post 2932441)
I've been busy trying to get my truck ready for a summer road trip. Is there anybody else in the Central Fl area?

not Central FL but I am in West Fl...... we need to get a FL chapter meeting.

firestorm 02-28-2011 07:35 PM

I think there is a tractor pull or diesel drag, coming up soon in Brooksville. I will see what I can find about it. Even if we just meet there to meet and BS.

From another site I participate in.

April 4th is another truck pull in Brooksville Fl, if anyone is interested in coming there are 2 hotels that give deep discounts on rooms, there are a few nice camp grounds near by. gona have a bunch of diesels to fill all the classes!!!!

CoastalDav 03-04-2011 02:21 PM

Glad to hear there's some activity out there. I'm not a member of this chapter
but would join if thats what you have to do.

Who's the Pres of this chapter?

Oh Yea, the forum is not notifying me when replies are made. Going to send a note to one of them administrators.

Dave

LeviMXUSMC 03-04-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by firestorm (Post 2932476)
I think there is a tractor pull or diesel drag, coming up soon in Brooksville. I will see what I can find about it. Even if we just meet there to meet and BS.

From another site I participate in.

April 4th is another truck pull in Brooksville Fl, if anyone is interested in coming there are 2 hotels that give deep discounts on rooms, there are a few nice camp grounds near by. gona have a bunch of diesels to fill all the classes!!!!

Let me see what I got going on and see if we can make the trip and how far. I can try to get a MIL discount as well. Sounds like fun.

LeviMXUSMC 03-04-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by CoastalDav (Post 2935022)
Glad to hear there's some activity out there. I'm not a member of this chapter
but would join if thats what you have to do.

Who's the Pres of this chapter?

Oh Yea, the forum is not notifying me when replies are made. Going to send a note to one of them administrators.

Dave

Not sure Dave Who the Pres is but we would be welcome you just as well. If you have any Ideas for a meet and great shoot them out I think we are just pulling some Ideas and trying to find one to run with.

LeviMXUSMC 03-04-2011 02:58 PM

JUST got info GAINSEVILLE Race way in Gainseville FL is having a Diesel Drag day the 26th of march. Sun Coast, BD Diesel, Air Dog, XDP andmany other vendurs will be there. Here is anouther chance for a meet and greet. May be a BBQ with other members. I plan on making the trip PM me for any Ideas. Look Forward to meeting every one.

CoastalDav 03-04-2011 03:06 PM

Dang, Will let you know. I'll be at Thousand Trails on the 26th and headed for Bushnell, Fl for a Carriage Travel Club Rally on the 28th.

Here is a link for info other than Gainesville Raceway

http://www.nhrda.com/

Dave

firestorm 03-04-2011 05:51 PM

I'm only about 2 hours away, I could make it a day trip.

BEAST 03-13-2011 01:54 AM

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I have to work. I live near Brooksville, maybe will be off for the truck pulls in April. Would be nice to meet some of you all.

KD93 03-13-2011 04:48 AM

Boy, this is the most activity on the Florida members forum in quite a while! I see loads of Dodge's around, but no one ever seems to want to meet and BS etc. I am in West Palm Beach though, and peoples' attitudes aren't so great down these ways. :( You folks further north and west are much easier going. I'd love to go to Gainesville, but don't think it's going to happen this year unfortunately. Between school, work and family I'm stretched a little thin. There is a guy from Lakeland who'se doing a crew cab conversion that I know is trying to get it done for Gainesville. His user name is Moneytalks. Keep an eye out for him if you're up there, he's doing a heck of a job on that truck. [guitar]

firestorm 03-19-2011 11:01 AM

Here is some more info. I plan on being there early, hope to see some of you guys there.

Location - Gainesville Raceway

Address -11211 North County Road 225 Gainesville, Florida 32609

Saturday - March 26th 2011

This action packed day includes-

Diesel Drag Racing

Show n Shine

Burnout Contest

Dyno Competition

Huge Manufacturer row

Event schedule - (note scheduled times may vary)

3:00 pm Gates open

4:00 pm till 6pm - Drag Racing Qualifying

7:00 pm till finish - Drag Racing Eliminations, Burnout Contest, Show n Shine

Spectator Admission fees

Adults $10.00

Kids 12 & under free

Competitor Fees - (Note all drag race competitors must have current NHRDA membership)

Sportsman Et $45.00

Super Diesel (11.90 index) $55.00

Super Street $55.00

Pro Street $55.00

Pro Stock $55.00

Top Diesel $55.00

LeviMXUSMC 03-21-2011 07:07 PM

Ya I can not make the trip this time I had a few things came up. We need to keep pressing on the FLDTR bubas to try and get a meet together.