Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

What I like/dislike about 1st, 2nd, 3rd gens

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I like/dislike about my 1st, 2nd, 3rd gens

What I like and don't like about the first three generations of Dodge Cummins I've owned.

1st gen:
I like the styling and the simplicity of maintenance and mods, and the old school fuel system that allows the thing to keep running even if the entire electrical system takes a dump! I like the corner windows, and I like the sturday tailgate hangers!
I don't like the flimsy doors, the non-lockup convertor, the drip rails, and the tiny cab extension. I don't like removing the rear axles to chage brake shoes.

2nd gen:
I like the higher stance, the more solid doors, the better instrumentation, better seats, and especially the lockup convertor. I like the usable extended cab. I don't like the lousy access to filters and the flimsy cable tailgate supports! I don't like the flimsy HVAC door or the failure prone heater core and AC condensor and evaporator.

3rd Gen:
I like the tow mirrors, the power, and the ease of boosting power. I like the bigger rear seats and usable rear doors. I don't like the dependency on electronucs to keep the engine running. And I don't like injectors that can fail in the open position and destroy an engine!

Fords and Chevies:
I like everything about them other than the lack of a Cummins engine. Chev/GMC is my choice in a gasser.
OK; have at it!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great input....For someone that has owned all the first 3 generations.....