Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

12 Valve Cummins Excursion

Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 12 Valve Cummins Excursion

Well, Here she is! The 2003 6.0 Powerstroke Ford Excursion! She Won't Be for much longer because we are putting A 12 valve Cummins in as soon as possible! It's a bad Powerstroke any way. Its only running on 7 cylinders because it has no compression in the #4 cylinder. I will post pics and keep this page updated. Click on the link, it has all the pictures

http://cummins-excursion.blogspot.com/

Old 11-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Looks like a great project. I'll watch for updates.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:39 PM

Engine ready to come out

Sorry For the poor quality Pictures...i left my camera at home and i had to use my phone...But I got the A/C, the, trans cooler, the intercooler, and the radiator removed... Engine Will Be out Soon!

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-img_0388.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-img_0391.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-img_0393.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-img_0394.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-img_0397.jpg
Old 11-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will be doing the same conversion when finances per mit me. I have a 2004. What parts are you going to use? which trans are you running? Hope everything goes smooth.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:52 PM

Parts and Transmission

Well I am going to be using parts from www.dieselconversion.com (the new fordcummins.com) because almost everything you need comes in a kit. And I believe that I will be running the stock ford diesel 5 speed.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Cool Wiring...

I began to Unplug everything and came upon something interesting... So before, the engine was only running on 7 cylinders... I dont thing it was anything internal... I found out that one of the main wire harnesses to the Injection pump control module was halfway unplugged... Maybe thats why it was running on 7 out of 8 anyway, I got most of the wiring off and now i just need to disconnect the fuel lines and disconnect the exhaust from the turbo... The pictures are too high quality for this website so here is the website I put these ones on, www.cummins-excursion.blogspot.com I lowered the resolution on my camera so next update I should be able to put them on here.

Happy Veterans Day
Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 AM

I sure hope that was the problem with the PS. You should be able to get more money when you sell the old motor. Can't wait until it is missing on 2 cylinders. Actually it will be better when it runs on only 6 cylinders. That body looks straight. I prefer your black paint to my gold. Mine is a Limited too. Looks like the interior is nice. I am back and forth on weather I will use Destroke or DCS's stuff. Both look good. I think I may use DCS, because their motor mounts look like they may fit another project that is way down the line. I may test fit an engine in one of my old school trucks, before they go into the EX. Destroked is in Colorado, so they are close to me if I need any hands on help. Do you think that you will have to get the Ford Computer flashed to think it is a manual?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Yeah i hope so... and yeah we got the truck for a steal of a deal. I have never seen such a scratch,dent,and chip free body. And the interior is also in amazing condition. Yeah its just a matter of opinion whether you use destroked or DCS. I chose DCS because it seemed like they were a little more organized and maybe a little cheaper. When you asked,"Do you think that you will have to get the Ford Computer flashed to think it is a manual?" What did you mean by that?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 PM

NOW the engine is ready to come out

I got ALL the wiring out finally. I also disconnected the exhaust from the turbo... Now i can pull the engine out for real this time.

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-dscn0762.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-dscn0763.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-dscn0766.jpg
Dont mind my messy shop...
12 Valve Cummins Excursion-dscn0767.jpg

12 Valve Cummins Excursion-dscn0768.jpg
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM

I am wondering if the ford electronics will be looking for signals from the auto transmission that is not there anymore. I would think it might leave codes in the computer, and check engine lights on the dash. I think DCS or Destroked could answer this when parts are ordered. Congrats on the clean truck. Some Excursions were babied by Soccer moms and some are really in great condition.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM

I see that Dodge tailgate on the floor of the garage. Is that from the truck that is donating the Cummins?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Oh you must have misunderstood me, the stock transmission that is still in it, is a 5 speed automatic. And no Actually i got that tailgate for free...I was going to hang it in my garage for decoration.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 PM

I thought you had meant the ZF 5 speed. I can't wait until you get to the transmission tuning stage. Your outcome will probably help me decide weather or not to keep my auto. My concern about my auto is I do not know how many miles are on my auto. there is 180,000 on the truck. I am sure a rebuild will be pricy. DCS has some info about setting the auto up on their website.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:47 PM

Oh yeah i have heard that usually the tuning takes a while but after that it is smooth. And yeah rebuilds can be expensive. And might I ask if You have an international scout? Your username sparked that question.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Not currently, but I have had several Scouts in the past. The Excursion. Is the best 4door SUV to come along since the Travelall. Currently I do have a 74 IH crew cab that will get a Cummins one day. I think I may be able to make the DCS motor mounts fit in the IH. I also have a 1936 IH truck that has been turned into a rock crawler. It has a 4b ( hence the ihc4b). I have a few buddies that have 4b powered Scouts. One of them is a daily driver that is getting close to 28 MPG

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 Valve Cummins Excursion