Please educate me - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

Please educate me

Old 05-05-2016, 03:30 AM   #1

Please educate me

I saw this forum board and thought...wow, are people actually doing what I've thought about doing so many times? Namely, putting a CTD engine into an "alien" chassis?

I've often thought that a Cummins I-6 in a Ford Chassis was an interesting combination, for example, so I'd love to hear from those here who are making something like that happen.

We own two CTD trucks, by the way, and the older one is definitely a candidate for a Cummins Ford dream project (or something similar).

Anyway, I'd love to read more about this type of hybrid conversion.
RedOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Administrator

Man, there are lots of Fummins trucks running around, they are literally a bolt in these days.

What year Ford are you talking about?
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #3

Check out Fummins or Destroked.
Both companies are all about putting Cummins motors in Fords
Or Google "12V Cummins Ford", you will find hundreds of Fords swapped over to 12V power.
oliver foster is online now   Reply With Quote